ad: UR5CDX-1

New to PSK31

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by NM8W, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NM8W

NM8W XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks Richard! I will check it out. So much to learn & experience, so little time. :)

2. G0GQK

G0GQK Ham Member QRZ Page

You were on at the right time, 10.00 UTC would be, as a guess, about 4 am local time but as the darkness leaves the conditions get worse until the middle of the day its very noisy. It never used to be this way, 20 years ago 80 metres was open all day with 5/6 to 5/9 plus on most days and then something happened, the band just "went" and it never came back. Sad

G0GQK

3. VE3EGA

VE3EGA Ham Member QRZ Page

Digi-Modes

Craig,

I have used the free version of 'MultiPSK' for some time - this Summer, I dropped $30 to the author F6CTE - best $30 I've ever spent as it unlocks some nice features! MultiPSK includes ALL the digi modes, so you will be like a kid in a candy store!

here's the link to try or buy: http://f6cte.free.fr/index_anglais.htm

Terry, ve3ega

4. KJ6EZQ

KJ6EZQ Ham Member QRZ Page

cocoaModem is a fantastic program, I really love it! I'm just hoping that the author will include Sat Fax or SSTV soon. Multiscan for the Mac works ok, but it's only so-so at determining what mode is being received. There is a Mac program that does a lot of modes, but they want like 80$ for it and it is garbage. FLDigi is available on the Mac also if you want to try Olivia or others, but I like cocoaModem's interface better.

5. KG6MZS

KG6MZS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you using PSK Reporter to see if you are getting out? I find PSK Reporter very handy that way.

Most of us can't get our 80m wires up as high as they should be (Flat topped at 130 feet) so we end up with cloud warmers.

73 de Eric, KG6MZS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.