ad: HamInsurance-1

New to me IC 7600 won't xmit on FT8. No power output.

Discussion in 'Working Different Modes' started by KI5OMM, Oct 2, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KI5OMM

KI5OMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just acquired a new to me Icom IC 7600 and I am in the process of setting it up to use it on FT8. I have the radio connected to the computer via a USB cable. I have configured WSJT-X to control the radio directly and when I press the tune button, the radio transmit light comes on, but it is not transmitting any power out. Everything else as far as control from the program to the radio works perfect. The only problem I am seeing is no power output coming from the radio. All other modes transmit good. This leads me to think that I just don't have a radio setting right? It is in USB mode. It's probably something obvious, but I am just not seeing it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Radio needs to be in "USB Data" mode not just "USB"

See if you can find an option for that in the menus... (I use Yaesu not Icom but they are very similar and I know BOTH require the USB-Data mode)

If you don't do that, it's looking for audio from the mic and not from the USB audio input.

Dave
    W7UUU

KI5OMM likes this.
  3. KI5OMM

KI5OMM Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yep that was it. Thanks Dave!

W7UUU likes this.