ad: M2Ant-1

New Ten-Tec 516 Argonaut V discussion group:

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AB7RG, Aug 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AB7RG

AB7RG Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello all,

I have created a discussion group for the New Ten-Tec 516 Argonaut V QRP HF transceiver at Yahoo. This e-mail reflector is for owners [whenever the delieveries start this month] (and prospective owners) of the Ten-Tec Model 516 Argonaut V Amateur Radio Transceiver. This list is intended for the sharing of ideas about the Model 516 such as: Use in Amateur Radio, operating questions/suggestions/hints, accessories, setting up operating schedules, the general exchanging of ideas about the 516, and anything else related to the Tec-Tec Model 516 (as well as general fun with this rig). -- Please try to keep posts on-topic. Spam will not be tolerated.

If you wish to join this new group please go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Ten-Tec516/ and sign up today! To subscribe, send an e-mail to: Ten-Tec516-subscribe@yahoogroups.com {Please note: e-mail attachments are not allowed!} If you are not a member of Yahoo, and have privacy concerns about their "required" registration fields, just remember, no one said that your information had to be accurate! [​IMG]

73 Clinton AB7RG

[​IMG]

2. KC2HMM

KC2HMM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi: Great idea!!...I'm a QRP'er who has been following this rig for awhile. Have a Ten Tec Scout which I use extensively at 5 watts with good results. To be honest....would like to see some commnts on this group BEFORE I buy the new one!!! I also use a K1 with equally great results............73's , Alex, KC2HMM

3. W2AGN

W2AGN Ham Member QRZ Page

Any bets on whether trhey will ship this month? [​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

> To be honest....would like to see some commnts on this group BEFORE I buy the new one!!!

---
    Well,  I'll let you know...

Since I am antenna restricted and EVERYTHING is in the attic, I don't get to play much with antennas.  It's pretty much dipoles for HF.  

But I can buy radios... lots of radios!  'Gonna pick one of these up.  If it is half as nice as the 817, I am sure I will enjoy it.  Sadly, since I live in TN and we have a legislature that can't stop themselves spending, I am going to get nailed on sales tax.

QRP... some folks just don't get it.

Peter Baskind, J.D., LL.M.
    AG4KI
    Memphis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.