New Swapmeet Rules

Discussion in 'Swapmeet Talk' started by WC5P, Dec 17, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just noticed that a revised set of Swapmeet rules has been posted at the top of the Ham Radio Gear For Sale section. Definitely worth reading if you buy or sell on QRZ Swapmeet.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

No sell Baofeng ?

3. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Glad you picked up on that Paul and are trying to get the word out. Kudos to QRZ management. Really well done. Some of us can't seem to leave well enough alone, so here I go again offering "improvements". Perhaps start a new WTB forum because some folks still can't seem to select the appropriate drop-down and it would be nice to keep all the WTBs in one place? Might even help to keep the scammers out of the For Sale forum. Generally, exceptions to rules cause problems, such as the no call sign required for a $99 item but one is required for a $100 item rule. What about responses to WTB and trades? Would be simpler if all for sale ads and responses offering an item in WTB and/or Trade required pictures and call signs. Just my 2 1/2 cents worth.

4. AJ4GQ

AJ4GQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The Swapmeet Posting Rules have changed. There is a new Rule 4.1.5 regarding PICK UP ONLY items.

W7UUU likes this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Correct - items listed as "pick up only" and very unambiguous about it do NOT require a call sign in the photo. But even if there's the slightest hesitation ("I could be convinced to ship but it will be expensive" etc.) the call sign will still be required.

Dave
    W7UUU