new shortwave broadcaster at 7.055 LSB??

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KA1BSZ, Oct 10, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

KM1H is AWESOME. Just ask him. :)

K3RW and K4NWD like this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU Principal Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

So.... how about that new shortwave broadcaster at 7.055 LSB??

That's really sumpthin, right? ;)

Dave
    W7UUU

VE3WI, W0PV, VE2ZEB and 1 other person like this.
  4. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

Speaking of Shortwave; in August 2020, it was announced that WHRI was selling its facilities to Allen Weiner, owner of Monticello, Maine-based shortwave station WBCQ, pending FCC approval.

"Family Broadcasting Corporation is selling shortwave Christian “World Harvest Radio” WHRI Furman SC to Allan Weiner for $1.25 million. Weiner also owns shortwave Talk “The Planet” WBCQ Monticello ME as well as Talk/Rock 780 WXME/98.3 W252DW and Classic Country “Kixx 94.7” WBCQ-FM Monticello. The seller owns multiple Christian television stations as well as Christian AC “Pulse-FM” 103.1 WHME South Bend IN, 96.9 WHPZ Bremen IN, and 92.1 WHPD Dowagiac MI."

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/195902/station-sales-week-of-8-14/

WBCQ currently broadcasts on 7.490 MHz, 9.330 MHz, 4.790 MHz, 3.265 MHz, and 6.160 MHz.

Re: the WHRI sale -- looks like there might be a fly in the ointment.

An open letter from Allan Weiner

Dear devoted radio folks,

I write this memo out of total frustration with my government, pertaining specifically to the FCC.

About one year ago I tendered an application to purchase WHRI international shortwave radio in South Carolina USA to add to the family of WBCQ free speech radio stations.

Since then, the FCC has refused to act and grant me my request to purchase the station. Normally this request would take around six weeks to process.

Repeated attempts to communicate with the FCC and its personnel have gone unanswered. Both by me and my FCC attorney. As a long time shortwave broadcaster, I do not understand why the big holdup. I am an american citizen and have a right to buy a radio station. My attorney has suggested that this has gone beyond just a processing delay and that the FCC is against me broadcasting religious content on the radio. This is directly against my first amendment constitutional rights.

I am doing all that I can to preserve free speech on the radio airwaves. I am reaching out to you public conveyors of radio truth to let the radio enthusiasts know about this and ask for your help in getting the FCC to grant my request to purchase WHRI. Not only for the sake of free speech radio, but to save these great stations from the scrapyard and keep shortwave radio alive for future generations.

I am available anytime for further comment and interview at 207-889-0039.

Thank you all kindly and be safe and well.

Allan Weiner
    WBCQ Radio

http://www.wbcq.com/

KX4O likes this.
  5. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

That's been going on for years, but propagation's improved, so more people are hearing it.

Posted date: August 14, 2019

"The latest IARU-R1 Monitoring System newsletter reports every day for the past 5 years licensed radio amateurs from Ukraine and Russia have been insulting each other on 7055 kHz LSB .

Playbacks of Broadcast Station transmissions have also been heard on the frequency.

The International Amateur Radio Union Monitoring System (IARUMS) Region 1 July 2019 newsletter can be read at:

http://www.iarums-r1.org/iarums/news2019/news1907.pdf

News and Infos

1. Propaganda and insulting transmissions on 7055 kHz (+/-) on LSB Such transmissions were daily observed since 5 years. Licensed amateurs from Ukraine and Russia were insulting each other on SSB. Playbacks of BC transmissions were often emitted, too.

PSE observe: The amateurs on this QRG were no illegal intruders! - screenshot on 7051.7 kHz RF (digtal SSTV waterfall).

(Ukrainian Nationalist Image)

Insulting actions do not solve political or personal problems and do not fit to Amateurradio. The main purpose of Amateurradio is to establish friendship between all people of the world without regarding personal opinions and political or religious backgrounds!"

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

The Soviet version of two Bubbas calling each other out for fisticuffs behind the Dairy Queenskie?

K8XG and (deleted member) like this.
  7. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

When it comes in on AM I'll listen and comment. BTW my #2 son speaks fluent Russian.

K8XG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

:)

1 person likes this.