New scammer, "Barnette Barry B" <nwbackro0ads@gmail.com>

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by KN4KP, May 21, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KN4KP

KN4KP Ham Member QRZ Page

Have an old posting on here wanting a Palomar M835. Got a reply from this guy wanting to sell a Palomar M840. I asked for som pix of him holding the item and he sent some pix copied off somebody elses ebay listing. Be careful, the bushes are full of them.

2. N2AMG

N2AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm glad I found this. I just got the same person wanting to sell me a kam tnc that I am looking for. The call comes back to a Washington state person but the payment gets sent to Mississippi...

73 Rick N2AMG

KN4KP likes this.
  3. WI9I

WI9I XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I got scammed by
    "Barnette Barry B" <nwbackro0ads@gmail.com> paid for a Flex control never got. Wondered why I didn't receive anything.

KN4KP likes this.
  4. WA4ZYN

WA4ZYN Ham Member QRZ Page

I had posted a "WTB" ad looking for the RF Unit for a Kenwood TS-940. I very quickly heard from Barry B. Barnette (email: nwbackro0ads@gmail.com). I requested a pic of the board, and he sent me a picture of some totally different board along with a request for "Walmart-to-Walmart" transfer payment, or direct bank transfer. When I pointed out that the board was not the one in the photo, and that I would not pay that way, he agreed to Postal Money Order, but to be sent to Tina Jimenez, 20940 Montgomery Ace, Hayward, CA 94541, along with an entire list of TS-940 parts and prices. I checked, and the list is lifted verbatim from a QRZ sale posting from a ham in Ohio (who, by the way, is NOT Barry B. Barnette.)

Caveat emptor! Buyer beware!

Francis WA4ZYN

KN4KP likes this.
  5. KK1VT

KK1VT Subscriber QRZ Page

July 9, 2018 Same guy responded to my request for a collins filter. Didn't provide a call. Provided mailing address of someone else. Had second thoughts in the post office parking lot and thought I better look into it here. Glad I trusted my gut feeling.

Steve, KK1VT

KB3VWG and N3AB like this.
  6. KF5GDS

KF5GDS Ham Member QRZ Page

Barry has stuck again ! I have a wanted post up on our QRZ site . This fraud emails me requesting a Walmart to Walmart payment , no deal was made but it was an attempt to take my money and run. Keep the post going all over our ham world to prevent this fool from claiming another victim.

To bad it’s against the law to duct tape our antennas to some unmentionable parts of him and everyone key the mic o_O

WB4IVF likes this.
  7. WB4IVF

WB4IVF Ham Member QRZ Page

Hard to believe people actually send moneygrams to total strangers. Walmart even warns you:

"Never send money to someone you don't really know."

Except for deals that may be too good to be true, but too good to pass up I guess! (-:

Howard

8. KC9SWV

KC9SWV Ham Member QRZ Page

Just had the same thing. He wanted to sell me the DSP-2232 I posted a want ad for. Went so far as to steal the picture from an ad here on QRZ that sold back in November and even put a link in the email to the user page of the actual person who listed it.

9. K8TDN

K8TDN Subscriber QRZ Page

kc9swv just informed me of this guy using my info...I am not selling one and have never owned one...

10. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

It would be a good idea to mention that on your qrz page.

KB3VWG, N6QIC and K8TDN like this.