ad: hrd-2

New QTH

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AA7QQ, Nov 8, 2019.

ad: L-MFJ
  1. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I think they may join us for dinner sometime.... All the neighbors want them gone.

Ed

2. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In the Hannibal Lector sense....having a friend over for dinner?

3. AA7QQ

It's really nice there. Just from transporting that forklift there, I was like the town hero. I think I had to argue about paying for my lunch & the lady's husband worked at the shellfish dealer.

Ed

WW2PT likes this.
  4. AA7QQ

Well, killing a gator here is like bragging about running too much power on QRZ. People do it, but will deny it.
    My wife knows the proper cutting of gator meat. It's critical, as the grissle will have you on the toilet for a day or so.

Ed

5. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I visited Cedar Key once when I was working in the area. I thought it was a cute place but no way in heck I'd want to live there. The thought of getting out in hurricane season gave me the willies.

WW2PT likes this.
  6. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

After they get up to about 4 feet they start to look at humans as prey....

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Man, I'm sink hole paranoid and that pond looks like one waiting to swallow some houses.

But I would seriously have the opinion of an engineer locally as to how much concrete you will need. It might surprise you.

GL with the new place! Other than the sinkhole in the back yard, FB! :D

8. AA7QQ

Lived right on the rim canal of Lake Okechobee during the lowest water recorded. We know gators well I might have a 14' rod with a Penn International on it just for the job. Damn, they can be fun.

Ed

9. AA7QQ

It's actually a spring fed pond. No chance of a sinkhole. I'm thinking about 2 yards for a 35' tower. Should be a bit overdone, but will handle it. I lived here before & know the concrete company. I'll get a leftover load of 3500 PSI fiber reinforced.

Ed

WZ7U likes this.
  10. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

AA7QQ WELCOME TO THE NABORHOOD.jpg

======== AA7QQ  DX STATION.jpg

========= N9HI Have a Nice Day.gif

AA7QQ likes this.