ad: Schulman-1

New QTH

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AA7QQ, Nov 8, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K3EY

K3EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Not everyone can afford or have the "privilege" to own a big swath of land. Like pissing on the party:rolleyes:

W1TRY likes this.
  2. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hopefully no neighbors parrot eggs! I still have 3 dozens eggs on the counter from my Macaw....... Haven't had the heart to through them out yet.

Aloha!

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ

3. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It was an un mortgagable property. The owner was in debt & could not bring many things up to snuff. Got it at almost 1/2 the "Value". I have already replaced the electric service, flat roof over the lanai, hauled out the hot tub that was wired with extension cord (Like many things).
    We have a lot of work to do to it yet.
    Best part id concrete block construction on all 3 buildings & no HOA.
    The "Small shed will get a 5V galvi roof.

Ed

K3EY likes this.
  4. AA7QQ

We have 2 layers. Never been fertilized. When the 3 or 4 egg clutch is full, we replace them with fakes & cook them to feed back to the hens. Kinda giving them back what they put out.
    We have a 1/2 nekkid Hy, 1/2 nekkid green wing, beautifully vicous scarlet, 1/2 insane severe, horny yellow naped Zon & a funny Senegal.
    All rescues. Real rescues, not "Rescuing at retail". My wife has been in parrot rescue since before it was in style.
    In fact, she started the first rescue only bird shop. People said it couldn't be done. She did it.
    She also took the country's worst rated animal sanctuary & "Rescued" the whole place from closure & euthanization.
    I sure am proud of that woman !!!
    Also, with the birds, she doesn't complain about the radios.... Quid pro quo & stuff.

Ed

5. W3MMM

W3MMM Ham Member QRZ Page

Smoked Mullet: A Florida Tradition

[​IMG]

WW2PT, KP4SX, AA7QQ and 1 other person like this.
  6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations. I retired in Jackson Ms and bought a house just east of Pensacola not in a HOA, Not a palatial as yours, but it's my retirement cottage.

7. AA7QQ

We stayed at the KOA in Milton, FL during the trip here. Very nice campground.
    Well, the house is 1,400 sqft. Having the outlying building for the birds is what makes it flipping awesome. They are quieter & happier than ever.
    Now, we can actually use phones in the house. And, when I get on the radio, I won't have Charlie screaming "HELLO" !!!
    The ham shack will be the attached garage.
    My wife was shocked when I told her the other building was for the birds. I explained that I needed to be close to the electric service for grounding (Attached garage) & proper lightning protection. Quite the necessity here in the Land of Lightning.

Ed

8. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Nice place...doesn't look like HOA country.
    Small gators turn into big gators...especially if there are dogs and cats about!
    I wouldn't let them roam.

N3AWS likes this.
  9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

My ham shack I had built
    Screenshot from 2019-10-10 12-46-22.png

My 2 sons and my son-in-law showed up this past weekend and built me an elevated walkway from my back door to my shack porch.
    IMG_0265.JPG

Finally get back on the air tonight....

N5PAR, W4ZD, WZ7U and 1 other person like this.
  10. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

LOL! That’s Cedar Key. Can’t fart without the whole town knowing about it. But I love it here, so I try not to fart. :D