ad: ProAudio-1

New QRZ Home Page

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Nov 9, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KL7YK

KL7YK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking back I have been a member since 2004 and a subscriber since 2008. As this is the best deal for the XML Database of call signs I will I expect renew when the time comes. That said I no longer bother with the main page of the site as I find it horrible. I almost never look up calls on the site directly so I have no reason to visit the main pages again intentionally. So since I can lookup call info via my logger using the online XML database and or manually upload logs without visiting the main page, I really no longer care what the main pages looks like.
    I retain my opinion that this was not an improvement but since I can choose to ignore it, its no longer an issue for me.
    Never looked at the "news" anyway. Like QST Magazine very little of the "news" is really of any value anyway.

WB5THT, N7ZAL and WA7PRC like this.
  2. KK4NA

KK4NA Ham Member QRZ Page

List view does help. I do read news listings. Or, at least I used to before the redesign.
    Call sign lookup via my log software is able to use sources other than QRZ, as well.
    The beta List view is an improvement. But I am still not convinced that that I should renew.

The issue here has dragged on so long that I am burned out waiting for a resolution and reluctant to be patient.
    I have updated my home page at QRZ to feed my needs.

Moving on seems like a good idea...

I wish all the readership and the site owners a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

3. WB5JJJ

WB5JJJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The list view is a step (very small one) in the right direction for a change. Still way too big and wasted space. Plus there are huge titles, but absolutely nothing about the actual content of the articles - not good at all. Still avoiding the home page, AdBlocker still turned on till sanity is restored to the QRZ home page. Sorry guys, but you earned all the negative responses outright. Alpha tests with small groups of yes men to debug, beta tests on much, much larger group of random, independent thinkers, all before going live. Never put all your eggs in one basket.

N7ZAL likes this.
  4. WC3T

WC3T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here's another thumbs up for the list view. Better.

NK2U and WB9VPG like this.
  5. K7FD

K7FD Subscriber QRZ Page

The online swap features on the home page seem to be rehash of the same listings over and over...

John K7FD

6. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

I still like it. Good job!

de N1FM

NK2U likes this.
  7. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

Me too. I liked the old page. But I like the new one, too.

NK2U likes this.
  8. K1SCE

K1SCE Ham Member QRZ Page

WB5JJJ - "The list view is a step (very small one) in the right direction for a change. Still way too big and wasted space. Plus there are huge titles, but absolutely nothing about the actual content of the articles -"

I Agree with wb5jjj, improvement, small but some improvement. I have to do a lot more scrolling than with the old page. Be careful with some of the icons on the page. I have seen some of those icons on commercial sites (maybe they have permission). The ad's are still in a good position (right) but could be smaller. I'm only 71 yrs old and don't need large icons yet, lol. The left side is blank, (still using ABP). keep working the old site is coming back a little at a time.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  9. K0IVK

K0IVK Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a 50Mbps internet connection but this new page is very slow about loading and is very slow and unresponsive to navigate.
    The old page was much better for me. I tried the beta list view it's better but not as good as the old page.

10. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is that what you measure, Or is that what your ISP claims and charges you for ?

I only have 5 Mbps on my web surfing connection and it loads fairly fast for me.

Antivirus BS can slow things way down.

MI0YLT likes this.
  11. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Internet speed is but only a part of a list of factors that determine how long a webpage loads. You can have the fastest Internet connection in the land but if your computer is slow it will be slow at rendering the pages (any pages). I agree - the page does not load slow.

MI0YLT likes this.
  12. W4PGM

W4PGM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have net read all the previous posts but what is missing from the new List beta for me is I do not need the pictures or icons. All I want is the list with text.