ad: chuckmartin

New QRP Rig? Looks like a winner!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KM9G, Jun 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KX2T

KX2T Ham Member QRZ Page

Another sub par radio from China, 705 killer NOT!

M1WML, KA2FIR, F4HPX and 3 others like this.
  2. G8LIY

G8LIY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Somebody who operates Handheld..

KD8ZM and M1WML like this.
  3. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hmmm, I have enough difficulty talking to Canada with 100W into a large doublet! :oops:

Martin (G8FXC)

M1WML likes this.
  4. KT5OT

KT5OT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

no you cant steal the title from MFJ, they are the harbor freight of ham radio!

M1WML, CA7OKD, WD4IGX and 3 others like this.
  5. K1CWB

K1CWB Ham Member QRZ Page

Every new rig is supposed to be the next killer, destroyer, or game changer etc.. I get a kick out of it every time I see that suggested in the titles of articles and videos. It's been suggested many times with every new rig (QRP or otherwise) that comes out but it never seems to pan out. Meanwhile Yaesu is still successfully peddling a QRP rig that's basically two decades old. I have my doubts that this new Xiegu is going to finally be the killer of all other QRP radios, but I'm not against more options.

M1WML, KA2FIR and F4HPX like this.
  6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Pointless? Ops are working the world (and activating numerous parks and summits) every day with 5-10 watts. ;)

M1WML, KB2SMS, WD4IGX and 3 others like this.
  7. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am just curious, but is there some sort of prerequisite that mandates the folks who make these videos and post on www.QRZ.com take a photo of themselves with a goofy face? Good content in the videos, but as I review the QRZ website and see the banners and goofy pictures - I confess it makes me think the video is just as goofy. Not very impressive, even in an amateur hobby. Pease reconsider

KA0USE, KY7K, W7ASA and 24 others like this.
  8. NU4R

NU4R XML Subscriber QRZ Page

SAY WHAT?!?

And, enlighten us, won't you, on the definition of what you've determined to be a "goofy face."

Sorry you're feeling well, OM.

M1WML and W4NNF like this.
  9. KR3DX

KR3DX Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree completely. I intend this as constructive criticism: It's difficult to take you seriously when you look like a goof. The dumb looks might impress a few low IQ ten-year olds, but it has a negative effect on adults who are technically inclined. Try to look at least a little bit intelligent if you want to give a good impression of yourself.

N9SOX, M1WML, KA2FIR and 13 others like this.
  10. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Remember the crazy used car salesmen ads of the 70's? Same thing.

M1WML, VK6APZ/SK2022 and WN1MB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.