ad: UR5CDX-1

NEW PRODUCT BY LIBERAL RADIO

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W4CBJ, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

Liberal Radio ™ hm?

Nothing on the web. Nothing in Google maps. Nope, not a thing. Liberal Radio ™ must be the biggest secret in Kansas. Geez, how much business does Liberal Radio ™ get being such a big secret? Don't sound too Liberal to me. Hope that doesn't violate some kinda Homeland Security dealie. Yep, doiii, dats funny okay. Ya done convinced me. It's terminally funny. Maybe you should sell it to Michael Richards. I hear he loves this kind of material. They say a name can make a big difference, maybe Secret Radio, or Secret Squirrels Radio Shack? [​IMG]

Still not a "Ham Radio Announcement" kinda topic.

2. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh and one other thing Joe. Must be a heck-of-a commute every day for you. We Hams appreciate the sacrifices made to get us our equipment, but commuting to Liberal, KS from your QRZ listed QTH of Cortez, FL.

That's really impressive. Unlike the joke, THAT'S FUNNY!! [​IMG]

3. W4CBJ

W4CBJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Unfortunately, the annoucement of this new product has caused the competition to cast unfavorable political statements. The design features are intellectual property and are patented. It is rumored that a far Eastern (Asian) enterprise plans to mass produce these rigs and flood the U. S. market with this product. The Board of Directors has decided that it will agressively fight to keep the intricate confidential design of the CW/main fuse idea, closely held. There is too much interest to let it go.. The KS office is run by remote control from FL. Looking forward to your technical comments.  73  Joe   W4CBJ

4. KB2VXA

KB2VXA Ham Member QRZ Page

To all of you,

You said that to say what?

Only my little addition to wasted space on the server.

5. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

Um, pass the pipe Jerry. I'm thinking way too clearly for all of this. :0 [​IMG]

6. N0NCO

N0NCO Ham Member QRZ Page

Funny.

Try this one:

New right-wing radio hits the market:

Has trouble tuning broadcast stations other than those airing Rush Limbaugh.

Receives severe intermod when tuned to any station transmitting opinions that differ from those of the radio owner.

Receiver seems to have a very limited bandwidth.

Comes with built-in logic filter. Filter seems to be of the band-reject variety, and has very steep skirts. There is no filter bypass switch.

Transmitter has plenty of power, however it is rather temperamental. It has a very narrow tuning range, cannot tolerate change well, and tends to overheat easily. There are many modulation schemes to choose from, however they all tend to sound alike.

Caution: Using this radio has been noted to cause some operators to rant endlessly about how all of the ills of the world are caused by those with religious and/or political opinions that differ from those held by the operator.

For the record - I am neither liberal or conservative - I am a moderate.

Good day!

N0NCO

7. W4CBJ

W4CBJ Ham Member QRZ Page

TO:N0NCO
    Sir, Liberal Radio would like to secure the manufacturing rights for you new design.
    We would like to meet with you to discuss the terms, however, only technical details are to be aired. Absolutely no mention of "handicap, politics, race, poliutical-correctness," etc. The reason for this requirement is to keep some of the prospective customers on this forum from 'tearing their hair out' or any other self-destructive behavior. Keep em' alive until their check clears the bank... Sincerely, Liberal Radio Board of Directors.
    73 Joe W4CBJ

8. WA7KKP

WA7KKP Ham Member QRZ Page

Is this Channel 19, or channel 5?

Gary WA7KKP

9. KC2ESD

KC2ESD Ham Member QRZ Page

This should be moved the Rag Chew section or locked up.

10. W7ACT

W7ACT Ham Member QRZ Page

"LIBERAL RADIO!!!!!"

That definitely sounds like a "DEMOCRAP" thing as they seem to own that title hands down, what with "Hanoi" John Scary, "Howlin" Dean, "The Swimming Coach" Teddy and the Hilda Beast, who's friends and associates end up dead if they cross her.

11. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

That's funny, but isn't "transmit only" what all political radio does, whether it be Liberal or Conservative, Republican or Democrat, or Libertarian, or Anarchist, or... (Name your favorite, or least desirable political party or organization here.)

But does QRZ really have to provide bandwidth for "junk" like this?
    After all, the forum DOES say "HAM RADIO" Announcements, not political bashing from any side.

Some of the forums are getting pretty flaky; next thing you know it will degenerate into something unrelated to Ham Radio.

12. K8ELR

K8ELR Ham Member QRZ Page

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  13. W7YBY

W7YBY Ham Member QRZ Page

I find it hard to believe that every one of you folks ranting and raving about the post missed this...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. N2NH

N2NH Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, posting on 4/1/XX = April Fools Joke

Posting in DECEMBER about 4/1/XX = December Troll Post.

15. AC8IE

AC8IE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.