ad: TIDrad-1

New Northern entity in our future?

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KE0EYJ, Aug 31, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

2. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Well, at least for now, this looks at least as much of a "DXCC entity" as that rock in the South China Sea, Scarborough Reef. At least with this random pile of sand, you may not necessarily need to bring in a boat load of 2x4 lumber to build a rickety platform for your dxpedition station. .

On the other hand, by the time the ARRL DXCC committee made a decision whether it could count, it probably will have washed away.

W7UUU and PU2OZT like this.
  3. N4UFO

N4UFO Ham Member QRZ Page

If you look at the background in the photo, I don't think there is any way that it's more than 100 km from Greenland proper, so it's wouldn't count as a separate entity. Oodaaq Island (where they thought they were at in the article) is only about 10 km from Greenland.

4. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I wondered if the photo was just a fake to "have something." I'm seeing more and more of that kind of thing on the so-called "news sites" these days.

K8BZ likes this.
  5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've applied for DXCC entity status for the GPGP (Great Pacific Garbage Patch), which is mostly plastic but quite large and seems to float so it's not going away.

Look for the expedition WB2WIK/GPGP.:)

WZ7U, N3FH and DM2TT like this.
  6. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

So, only plastic radios allowed on this DXpedition? It would help back the theme.