New NCVEC 605 form bears serious consequences for those convicted of a felony

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2AI, Aug 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be if we could always assume that people committed them. Unfortunately, as I pointed out in the post you quoted, the US justice system has a rather high false-positive conviction rate. When you add to that recent video evidence of cops planting false evidence on people before they were even arrested, there's no way to be sure about any "conviction." Even people who "confess" are often told to take a plea deal to avoid being tossed down a dark hole for decades of their life.

My own personal experiences as a juror on "felony" trials were very eye-opening as to how little interest there is in "the system" for getting "justice."

It's easy to sit in comfortable suburbia and condemn "those criminal types," and cheer on the various federal agencies for making sure they "pay their dues." Real life isn't anywhere near that simple.

THEKILTEDPIPER, N0TZU, K6CLS and 2 others like this.
  2. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

How do you have sex over the airwaves; especially DX?

W4IOA and K1OIK like this.
  3. K1FBI

Not only sheep, The lamb lies down on Broadway.

WU8Y likes this.
  4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Subscriber QRZ Page

....Or during a gathering at a Hamfest or during Field Day.

5. AB2YC

AB2YC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I always thought a felony would cost you your license.

6. N7AHE

N7AHE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

An email from Maria Somma from ARRL VEC indicates that the start date is Monday 8/21/17. This is a change from the 9/7 date previously communicated.

7. K1FBI

Didn't think about that, but now that you mention it, I had sex with my girl on Field Day under the moonlight.

K8PG and KC8VWM like this.
  8. KK5JY

You and VWM just ruined FD for me. And moonlight and hamfests, for that matter. :eek:

WB4WHJ, K1FBI and KC8VWM like this.
  9. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Source your claim.

10. KK5JY

Okay, as much fun as it is to play dueling data sets on ham radio-related subjects, if you have any doubts on that particular claim, there is no way I will be able to produce enough links to convince you. Sorry, Burt. If you are at all interested in knowing the truth on this one, you're going to have to do your own research this time.

THEKILTEDPIPER and WZ7U like this.