New NCVEC 605 form bears serious consequences for those convicted of a felony

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2AI, Aug 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Some might see it otherwise but I have a problem with a person previously convicted of multiple child molestation charges driving a child to school or otherwise working in the school system or a person convicted of multiple armed robberies serving as a police officer and apparently so do those who author the laws in this regard.

2. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I have often wondered why the full faith and credit clause of the constitution applies to every state issued license except a license to carry a firearm, which the constitution says I have an unimpeachable right to do.

N0NB likes this.
  3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Again, do you believe in rehabilitation or not?

If not, back up your argument with actual data. Not imagination or an anecdote or two.

4. KC1HLU

KC1HLU Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, whether or not a convicted felon can hold public office is a matter of state law. In Mass, a convicted felon most definitely can hold public office, vote and even serve on a jury, it's in our <insane> laws.

The best example of this is Mayor James Michael Curley who was twice convicted of felonies and even served prison time WHILE he was Mayor of Boston. It probably explains a lot about Mass politics and government! There are more recent cases as well. But this is a very interesting read!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Michael_Curley

KF5RRF likes this.
  5. W2AI

W2AI Ham Member QRZ Page

Not in New York State.

6. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Tell you how stupid the criminal justice system is. Friend plead guilty to computer crimes, and served 2 years in Club Fed. He gets out, 220 miles from home, and has 24 hours to get back home and report to a halfway house. He spends 3 months at the halfway house in da hood, and is supposed to find work while living there, but without a car.

Once he gets home, he has to maintain his employment (which he does) and report monthly to the parole officer and provide a urine sample. He gets a better job at a large company, and during one parole visit, the parole officer asks him if the employer knows he is a convicted felon. He says it wasn't asked on the application, they did not ask -- he didn't tell, and they did not do a background check. Parole officer makes him tell the employer, which promptly fires him. Now he has to find another job or risk violating his parole.

7. N0TZU

N0TZU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That's sadistic. Or maybe he gets paid by the number of people he handles so has an incentive to keep people in the system.

8. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

I do not think sexual criminals can be rehabilitated...and I have little faith in druggies getting rehabilitated...meh.

9. W2AI

W2AI Ham Member QRZ Page

What was the parolee convicted of ??

10. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

As stated in the original post, computer crimes. I can't really go into further detail without someone being able to figure it out. Lets just say it was one of a rash of well-publicized hacking crimes in the early 90's.