ad: Hamcestry-1

New NCVEC 605 form bears serious consequences for those convicted of a felony

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W2AI, Aug 17, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
ad: l-gcopper
  1. W0OMG

W0OMG Ham Member QRZ Page

So W2JKT, you are saying that there is not ulterior motive here. Let's say someone who has been a problem on 7200 or 14.313 comes up for renewal and has a felony record. Are you saying that the FCC would totally ignore that as a reason to do away with a problem ham without having to go through the process of proving they are a problem ham? I would doubt that. I know I sound cynical but I have been made that way by the society I live in.

2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N1FMV

N1FMV Subscriber QRZ Page

Not a broadcast if one of your alternate personalities is actually the intended recipient. Aint MPD grand?

K1FBI likes this.
  4. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Simple fix: FCC should be able to "suspend" a ham license (like is done for driver's licenses). Provisions should say operation with a suspended license is grounds for revocation. Bad guy gets license suspended. You know he isn't gonna shut up. Operates while license is suspended, rFCC can then revoke his license. If he operates again, arrest him for operation without a license.

W0OMG and KU4X like this.
  5. W5WN

W5WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That would be great if it could work. The problem is that operation without a radio license is only an administrative rules violation. It's not an offense that they arrest for unless the perpetrator is interferring with emergency or law enforcement communications.

6. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Did I say anything at all? I just quoted a paragraph from an article that was not written by me that seemed to outline the reasoning... You can go to the link I provided, read the entire article, and glean what you wish from what is written there.

7. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

exactly

8. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not about punishing forever it's about actions having consequences one of which was doing jail time and/or paying a fine another would be prohibition from holding a government issued license or other restriction such as not being allowed to vote or perhaps not be eligible for government employment.

9. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

the issue is multiple consequences, that go on forever, and have nothing to do with the first offense. double jeapordy. 8th amendment. it's gone too far.

ever pee in public? send a naked text message? sex offender, register for life, restricted on where you can live, who you can associate with (total 1st amendment violation). forever.

10. W2AI

W2AI Ham Member QRZ Page

Also, possession of a handgun without a NYS pistol license is a felony in New York State. You cited the federal FOPA which deals with the transportation of firearms and ammunition in transit. Such conveyance needs to done in a locked container with the UNLOADED handgun and the ammunition kept separate and placed in the truck of the vehicle. Those out-of-state travelers arrested for CPW 3rd degree (felony possession of a loaded handgun) in NY generally have these weapons on their person or in the interior of their vehicle. The National Firearms Reciprocal legislation could change all that making any pistol license valid in all 50 states. But until such time this legislation becomes federal law; state law involving the possession of handguns and licensing thereof will prevail.