New Member Introduces Herself

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KC2URU, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. KC2URU

KC2URU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi everyone! I just checked the FCC database and I see that my call sign is there! I just wanted to say hello to all of you! :)

2. WA4TM

WA4TM Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome to amateur radio Gail, now have fun!!!

3. KC2URU

KC2URU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you. I have yet to make my first transmission. I am excited but scared! :(

Ok, no longer scared! Mission accomplished! Phew! :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  4. K0RGR

K0RGR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Oh, don't be shy - use those new privileges! We all have to get over 'mike fright'. It's part of the game.

5. KD0ET

KD0ET Ham Member QRZ Page

That's right. When I first got my license I was very scared to make my first transmission. I finally did it and got over if very quick and fell in love with the mic!

Now, last Tuesday I had to get over HF mic fright. I got over that quick too!

6. KC5ESS

KC5ESS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congratulations on your ticket, I know your going to love amateur radio. Oh, and Welcome to the forum as well...

7. W9MAV

W9MAV Ham Member QRZ Page

Jeez I could barely even hold my microphone when I made my first qso.

8. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome and congratulations on your ticket! This is certainly a fun hobby with all sorts of things you can do. My wife and I are both hams. I've been a ham 20 years and she's got less than a year with her new license. Enjoy the hobby!

James KB2FCV

9. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Welcome

10. N8YX

N8YX Ham Member QRZ Page

You don't say....neither could I!

But my first QSO was made via a straight key...:D

Welcome to the hobby, Gail. You'll find that you get out of it what you put into it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.