Resolved New Logging Feature (mod: poor title)

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by K7HN, Apr 1, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K7HN

K7HN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I’d like to see the ability to click on a QSO call sign to be able to review the information for that contact.

on the old logging system, if you just click on the callsign, it would take you back to the QSO that you made.

This updated logging system doesn’t, or at least it works in a different way that I don’t understand how to go and take a look at the QSO after it is logged.

I hope that you install this feature into the new logging system you’re implementing. I find it very useful.

2. VA7STV

VA7STV QRZ Engineering Manager Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Larry,

This is explained in the news dialog that is shown every time we make a release to logbook 3.0 - "Single Clicking on a log record now selects that record. Shift and CTRL can be used to select multiple records."

3. K7HN

Why not just make it simple like it was before and just click the Callsign?

adding extra “key clicks” to something that was VERY SIMPLE before seems like stretching pretty hard to try and make something “better.“

Just my opinion. And since you asked for feedback regarding the new logging system you just got some. It doesn’t make things easier… Please just leave it alone and make it like it was. One key click on a call sign… No keyboard needed is a whole lot simpler than that way.

4. VA7STV

VA7STV QRZ Engineering Manager Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Larry,

No keyboard is required unless you want to use the NEW functionality of selecting multiple records. The old way to to this was the checkboxes on the right, You can still do that but some users now have those checkboxes scroll off the screen because they have customized their layout.

This change brought this function in line with almost every logbook I have ever used.

5. K7HN

I suppose I just don’t understand why that would even need to be changed. There was nothing “wrong“ with it… How easy is it? Simply click on the callsign of the QSO and that contact comes right up. You can then edit it, check the distance of it, check the heading etc. Just one mouse click on the callsign. Pretty easy right?

I think the rest of it looks nice. I just don’t like that you’ve taken out that feature. there’s your feedback. I’ll be showing it today on my YouTube channel… It’ll be interesting to hear the feedback on this.

6. K7HN

Before going live on my show, I went to your logbook update. It does still work by just clicking on the call sign. It just now requires a double click which isn’t so bad. Sorry for the misunderstanding there… I was used to clicking one time and everything popped up.

73’s

larry