New Kenwood TS 990

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VE3GNO, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8JY

K8JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Dayton

Im looking forward to what kenwood has to say in Dayton.

I hope the add on the back of June QST isn't fake as I noticed the april first April fools date. Layout seems logical

Anyway I own a TS590 for the simplicity and the receiver. Love the radio even though I am concerned abt kenwood fixing the overshoot.

I think the price should be 3k for the 990. That way they can do what kenwood used to do back in the 80s. Own the market and and the others will follow. I don't like seeing kenwood copying anyone's design or market strategy, because they have always been smarter than that.

We will see.... still loyal

See you this weekend

JOHN

2. KD8MJR

KD8MJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been posting about the April 1st date and the fact that the public got hold of the "Pictures" here and on various other forums for over a week. I really find the public viewing before <st1:City w:st="on">Dayton</st1:City> to be very odd. Everyone seems to ignore that and I guess it would really be stupid if Kenwood was to unveil a unit that is different from the pictures that people say come from QST. What would be even more tragic is if it's not only different but not a nice as the one we are seeing now. I truly doubt this is joke but that April 1st date and the early release are a head scratcher.

3. EA3IO

EA3IO Ham Member QRZ Page

In my opinion, this transceiver is more expensive for a HF+50 only. I don't know which is the difference between a Icom IC-756(pro II or III) or this kenwood. (For a pay difference price, offcourse!!)

73 de EA3IO Manuel
    Barcelona SPAIN!!

4. W8TLS

W8TLS Ham Member QRZ Page

TS-990

The Kenwood TS-990 Prototype was on display under a Plexiglass case and a black cloth covering the back. Kenwood said this was a non working unit and it is still in development. Also they said it will cost more than $5,000 and less than $10,000.

original.jpg

5. K8JY

K8JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Well

What's going on with this rig?
    Any news when we can buy one

Just got thru with field day

Dit Dit
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.