ad: CQMM-1

New ICOM software - Time Adjustment - ST4003W

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AC3DS, Dec 2, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD2RJM

KD2RJM Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the head up on this software, looking at that wonky clock was driving me nuts!

2. N8WXQ

N8WXQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Icom Radios that have a GPS use GPS time. For HF radios the Radio time is not very important as logging and contest software supply the time for the QSO. The computer time is set to a standard.

3. K6ACJ

K6ACJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The sweater caught my eye, got to have one ! Oh yeah thanks for your video, its a must-have for the IC9700 even though a GPS will update the 9700 time but then that is yet another box and another cable. Too bad the 9700 doesn't have BlueTooth for these things ..... also I use Linux so I guess I'll have to reset the time the old fashion way thru the menu system.

4. KD7MW

KD7MW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The new Icom ST-4003w software set the radio's clock to the computer's clock. But the Icom software has no option to have the computer on local time, but the radio set to UTC. That makes it useless for me. (Yes, I know that the radio has a UTC offset setting. But if you use it, you have to touch the clock digits to display UTC. I just want the radio clock to display UTC all the time.)

Seth Cohen, KB3HHA wrote a free command line utility to set the 7300's clock. It has a UTC option. You can find it, and instructions here:
    https://kb3hha.com/Set7300Clock
    Download the program by clicking on the link that says "C# program."

Here's the batch file I use to run it. Your COM port and baud rate may vary. This is free advice with no guarantees whatsoever, but it's been working fine for me for several years.

:: Executable described here: https://kb3hha.com/Set7300Clock
    :: -u means set time-date to UTC
    :: There is a delay to the code so clock is set on an even minute mark (clock seconds can't be specified).

Set-7300Clock.exe com7 19200 -u

5. VE6JHK

VE6JHK Ham Member QRZ Page

6. VE6JHK

VE6JHK Ham Member QRZ Page

You can set it to auto run using task scheduler.

7. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

I do NOT ever look at the clock on my Icom IC-7300. I do look at the time on the computer for WSJT-X
    and am using BKT Time Sync for the computer to help keep the computer time synced.

I have to take the time to restart the program when I restart the computer, have not looked to see if autorun is an option.... I am lazy. LOL.

https://www.maniaradio.it/en/bkttimesync.html

Best 73 K2HAT

8. N7RD/SK2023

N7RD/SK2023 Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Tnx for the information Drew.

9. AA5UY

AA5UY Ham Member QRZ Page

I think this would have been really neat if the program had been written so it would be easy to set the clock in UTC time. In my case my logs are all in UTC time and found it difficult to get the program to do this. If the program could allow either UTC time or local time then it would be better. In my case I deleted the software and got my 7300 back on UTC time. I think the idea was nice and many thanks for bringing this to our attention. I hope Icom will do a re-write on this and then it might be something I could use.

10. KC1VY

KC1VY Ham Member QRZ Page

Why ? It is so easy to adjust the time right from the touch screen on the 705 and or the 7300. Plus, it's just plain fun doing it to the musical tone of WWV. I've owned my 7300 for almost 6 years, adjusted it twice to WWV, it loses less than one second per month ! Most accurate and stable clock I've ever owned not being a OCXO or a rubidium standard, lol !

11. K8TE

K8TE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There has been nearly from the beginning, Jeff. The K3 Utility provides a similar capability.

73, Bill, K8TE

12. W3AJL

W3AJL Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there anything like this around for macOS? Or has anyone written a macOS script to set the clock with an offset?

Amazing that Icom did not place this battery into a socket????

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  13. KG5URA

KG5URA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I am running Windows 11 on my MacBook Pro through a virtual machine called Parallels. The software for some reason cannot find the CI-V port. Every other interfacing software I have works just fine. Any suggestions?

14. ON1PV

ON1PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anybody knows why the software ST4003W isn't working?