New Icom IC-7410

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by VE4CY, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. VE3PP

VE3PP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You might be better off posting this in the WANTED ADS instead of here.

2. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Adam Farson, VA7OJ/AB4OJ has posted all the information he has received on the Icom IC-7410, here:
    http://www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic7410/main.html

Icom IC-7410 received FCC certification on December 29, 2010.
    FCC ID: AFJ318200

w9gb

3. KK7EL

KK7EL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

There are at least two Pro III's listed in the qrz.com online swap meet.

4. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I was told by an Icom rep at the Orlando hamfest today that the IC-7410 would be under $2000 for the US market. Still expensive but at least they have something other than the very high end 7600/7700/7800.

...............Bob

5. KC9BNW

KC9BNW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

W4PG

Thank you for the information regarding the IC-7410. Did the reps say anything about the elusive IC-9100?

Cheers,
    Scott

6. WC5P

WC5P Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looks like the 7410 is now available from multiple sources.

Price is 1.99995 kilobucks.

7. N9IAG

N9IAG Ham Member QRZ Page

That is exactly what I found to be true. I dont know why a Japan piece of electronics would sell for less over here, but it does. Looking at the Yen to dollar price of the radio puts it a bit expensive, but that would also put the 746pro selling at over $2700 which it doesnt. The 746-pro runs closer to $1,500 sometimes $1300-1400 with power supply. I have seen online pricing at $2,000.00 available now. Perhapts the discount places will have it a little bit less. Either wate for Dayton, or 1-2 years for it to get down to the $1,500.00 price range.

8. N9IAG

N9IAG Ham Member QRZ Page

Back at last years Dayton hamvention they were estimating the IC-9100 to sell for about $4k and be available last november. Perhapts this Dayton we will have an update.

It looks like they are very close and sense the HF portion is obviously done, they shouldnt have much work left to finnish the IC-9100 We will see where it fits price wise. To me for $4k, just get the 7600, and if you need VHF / UHF get a mobile. I realize it will do other modes, but where is the market for ssb 2M?

9. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Scott -

GOOD NEWS.
    Adam Farson, VA7OJ/AB4OJ reported on Thursday (February 10th) that the Icom IC-9100 has received FCC Approval.
    http://www.ab4oj.com/icom/ic9100/main.html
    FCC ID: AFJ318300

You can look at test setup (photos) and reports on the FCC web site.
    http://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid/

Grantee Code: AFJ
    Product Code: 318300

You may see this model for sale in USA by Dayton Hamvention in May 2011, or before.

w9gb

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  10. KG6QKJ

KG6QKJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Gigaparts has it at a discount of Net Price: $1,979.95. As far as the comment about "where's the market for 2 meter SSB?" Well, I have an Icom IC-7000 and I find 2 meter SSB to be refreshing. No LAZY newbies asking really stupid questions that can be found on the internet with a simple search engine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.