New Hurricane Heading for Florida Panhandle

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NL7W, Oct 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

The title of this thread needs a date.

I keep thinking there is a New Hurricane Heading for Florida Panhandle. :eek:

I hope all is good for the ones affected.

KK5JY likes this.
  2. WB0MPB

WB0MPB Ham Member QRZ Page

You mentioned Baofeng radios in your quote above. I wonder what the Baofeng haters, like the ones that say "you could not even give me one of those Chinese junk radios" would do if they were in trouble and there was a Baofeng he had access to and nothing else would he just let himself die, instead of calling for help, because of his hate for Baofeng?

John, WB0MPB

N5PZJ likes this.
  3. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't worry about it.

4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Since when is everything short of worship considered hate?

That word is a bit overused in the forums. :oops:

5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dontcha just hate that!:eek:

WZ7U, NL7W, K0IDT and 1 other person like this.
  6. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A wonderful idea for a stand alone system for Emergency Signaling, a digitized tone system utilizing a digital message to call the sender.

7. N5PZJ

The basic use for anything like amateur radio is used as a building block to bigger things. It’s kind like building a bridge, first to start with the string usually strung by kite across the river then once the string is across the river you then attach a small rope to the string to pull that rope over and then an even larger rope each successive time until you have spanned the river. Small radios just summon help, then come the COWS, the repair the cell towers, restore the lights and voila-recovery! Any help is welcomed.

8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

How can amateur radio summon cell companies? Don't they have their own internal network management systems that show which towers are down?

9. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

Touché!

10. N5PZJ

On the ZED, the simplistic ideas challenge the wannabe Einstein’s! I must agree with AD0AC.