ad: QSKLLC-1

New Ham

Discussion in 'VHF/UHF - 50Mhz and Beyond' started by KL4LB, Feb 6, 2017.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KL4LB

KL4LB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok Thanks Lisa I ordered a better antenna for my ht radio I did buy the wouxun kg-uv9d plus I really like it sounds great I also
    have the baofeng uv-82hp and have the Nagoya UT-72, Mag-Mount Antenna for my trailer

N6QIC likes this.
  2. N6QIC

N6QIC Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Its looking good,
    help1.png

3. KL4LB

I have no idea of what I doing :confused:, Lisa took me all nite to add a few pics and type a few words and got no where :)

4. N6QIC

I understand, I have been there just like you. I was up all night for a long time, but when I figured something out it was really cool. To me it is very simple now but it took along time to get there. Just back space or delete the empty space in your page.

Try this, delete anything that is not right. Center your cursor in the top middle of the page and add the picture or text again. To get rid of the double line spacing in your text don't type in the editor. Use a text editor like note pad then copy and past to your bio.

5. N6QIC

You can always go back/restore to a previous version. Just look at them and select the one when it was still working. It will restore back to that page.

help1.png help2.png

6. KL4LB

Wow Kewl Thanks

7. N6QIC

8. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

LogKeeping
    I hope you upgrade
    and get on the HF bands sometime soon. Lots of hams are looking for QSOs in your state !
    Logging is more importaint for HF or "weak signal" SSB/CW VHF operation when you are working far outside your local area.

I have a continuous , written record, in spiral notebooks, for my on-air activity going back to 1961, when I got my Novice ticket !
    suppose you get a QSL card from someone, without an accurate logbook, how do you know if this is a legitimate QSL and how do you asnwer it ?> I have basic info for every HF and much of my VHF/UHF QSOs except my mobile local QSOs.

I log the Date/Time/callsign/his and my RST report given and received/band/freq/mode used, for EACH QSO.

Using a computer log program is the "Modern" way to log but I just have continued my paper logs since they go back 55 years !

?

9. KL4LB

wow must be an impressive log

Eugene

10. AE9AM

AE9AM Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on the license Eugene! And what a great location to be a ham!

73, Gavin