ad: portazero-1

New Ham

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KD9HMT, Nov 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KD9HMT

KD9HMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Greetings to all my name is Dana from northern Indiana. This was a true Thanksgiving. On 11/21/2016 I passed my Tech test now can't wait for callsign and talk with great people. Any tips I am greatful for as I do my first CQ.

2. AD5KO

AD5KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations on getting your Tech ticket. :)

3. KG5ILR

KG5ILR Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations on getting your ticket hope to hear you on the bands 73 and good DX

4. WV4M

WV4M Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello! And, congratulations on getting your ticket! I encourage you to keep going and get your general and maybe even extra! Have fun!

5. W9RLG

W9RLG Ham Member QRZ Page

Where at in Northern Indiana I am in North Central Indiana. Congrats and the ticker!!

bob

6. KD9HMT

I'm in Garrett Indiana

7. NT8Y

NT8Y Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dana, congrats on obtaining your Tech. This is the first step into the hobby. Best of luck!

73s

David KE8DVM

8. KD9HMT

Greetings could you please add my callsign KB9HMT data base. Thank you so much

9. KD9HMT

Thats KD9HMT got a little excited. Well alot EXCITED can't wait to CQ.

10. W4KSL

W4KSL Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on your license. Hope to work you sometime soon

11. KF7WIS

KF7WIS QRZ CEO QRZ HQ Staff Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I've changed your user name to KD9HMT. You should be all set. Thanks for using QRZ!

12. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on the tech! I would research local repeaters (RepeaterBook is a good place to start. They ave a website and phone/tablet apps).

Then look up some videos on YouTube about satellite contacts, as you can do this with a homemade antenna. Find some local clubs and try one or two. They may have on the air nets at scheduled times on local repeaters. Try listening in, or even joining in.

I have only been doing this for about a month. I took my General a week after tech because I wanted HF. But there is lots to do with either license.

Welcome to the club.

13. XE2FL

XE2FL Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations from Mexico,I hope you make lots of QSO with DX like me,Fernando Muguerza,XE2FL

14. WF7A

WF7A XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Congrats, Dana! Next stop, Extra. : )