ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KJ6CFU

KJ6CFU Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi everyone. I passed the Tech exam about 3 weeks ago. I've been using radioreference.com and just started using this forum.

I've met some really helpful people in recent weeks, including some hams from SATERN, ARRL and our local RACES group.

My first radio is a Yaesu FT-60R which I have connected to a dual band, Comet magmount sitting on a file cabinet in my shack. Love the radio, and I hope to get a mobile unit some time in the next few months. I hope to get more involved with the community as well.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Hope to hear from some of you on the air, and I'm sure we'll chat on the forums too.

Dane - KJ6CFU

2. KC7YRA

KC7YRA Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Nice to meet you Dane and congrats. I too will frequent the RadioReference forums from time to time. I usually find QRZ here to have FAR more folks that can answer almost any radio related question imaginable.

Keep having fun and don't stop testing until you get that Extra. The more privileges are worth it.

Brad

3. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Gratz M8....

4. KJ6CFU

Thanks, guys. Still learning a lot, but that's part of the fun. I'll probably start studying for General next year and then from there, hopefully Extra.

5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations Dane, Ham radio is a fun hobby.
    :)

6. KJ4PTA

KJ4PTA Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats Dane, you're a couple of steps ahead of me but you've found the right site. I've been to ham and sw forums where your post sits for a few days before someone responds. This site seems to have some very friendly and knowledgeable people.

7. KJ6CFU

Indeed. QRZ and radioreference.com are both great sites. QRZ, however, is more ham focused, while radioreference.com is more scanner focused. both are great resources, however, and the members are very friendly and supportive.

8. K0CMH

K0CMH Ham Member QRZ Page

congrats and welcome to the hobby.

You have probably already discovered there are some crusty folks here, so shrug off any rough treatment and harvest the good information and good will from the other 99% of the QRZ group.

This particular page is a very good place to get information. Most of the crusties are on other QRZ pages.

Looking forward to helping you enjoy this great hobby.

73 and take care

9. KJ6CFU

K0CMH,

Thanks for the warm welcome. Most of the people I have met either online or in person have been incredibly warm and friendly, but as you mentioned, there are some crusties. LOL.

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, and I appreciate all the feedback. Hope to see you around on the forums.

10. KC9JWA

KC9JWA Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats have fun time and , you defintally have good time with this hobby .:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.