New ham looking for help

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by AMIK, Feb 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-3
  1. AMIK

AMIK QRZ Member

Hey everyone! I'm just getting started with all this and am a bit lost, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I have yet to apply for a licence and am not sure of how to do so. I'd really appreciate some help understanding all this stuff, and where to start. Thanks!

2. VK3YE

VK3YE Ham Member QRZ Page

3. AB3TQ

AB3TQ Subscriber QRZ Page

What country are you in? Every country has their own licensing authority, and you have to follow their individual procedures. You will find that you don't "apply" for an amateur radio license. You have to study for a test that will cover amateur rules, regulations and technology. Passing that test qualifies you to be a licensed amateur. There are different license class levels. Attaining higher levels bring more operating privileges, at the cost of more difficult tests. Some countries issue licenses (and callsigns) for free, while others require a license fee.

We really do have to know where you are geographically to be more specific for such a worldwide activity.

Glenn AB3TQ

4. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Where are you located?

That's the most important issue.

6. WB7OXP

WB7OXP Ham Member Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

his ip is austrailia