New groups.io for MTR radios

Discussion in 'QRP Corner' started by N8TGQ, Jun 28, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. N8TGQ

N8TGQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just created a group for users of the LNR MTR radios on groups.io. Go to groups.io and search for MTRradios. Im still figuring out how to work it all but did post a introductory trick I use on my MTR-3b.
    Lets see what happens!

Have fun

Rick N8TGQ

2. N6MST

N6MST Ham Member QRZ Page

kd1jvdesigns has been the default group for all of Steve's radios, in case you weren't already a member of that group. I hope your MTR group gets some interest, though. I loved my 3B, wish I hadn't sold it!

3. N8TGQ

I've been on that site but it seems to get more participation from the ATS and Sodapop people. The NASOTA group on groups.io also gets some MTR traffic and lots of great ideas.
    I just figured there may be some interest in a group for MTR radios.
    Im still trying to learn all the things you can do on group.io. Id like to see pictures of eveyones rigs and setups.

Have fun!
    Rick N8TGQ

4. KG7WGX

KG7WGX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Done.

However, the way groups.io works (for the typical settings) is that "new users" posts have to be approved by the moderator before they appear. So, each new member will require an action on your part to remove the "new member" restriction and show their post. This level of moderation is probably wise, but it does involve some work.

So, while I have put up a picture of my kneeboard setup, it doesn't show yet.

5. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

What is MTR? I can't find anything on it on the net.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

6. N2RIC

N2RIC Ham Member QRZ Page

7. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

Tnx, think I will wait for an MBR (mountain bottom radio).

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

8. G0OEY

G0OEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Signed up.
    Had my MTR3B for a while but managed to use it yet.
    Hot weather here so hoping to get out into the garden and have a play tomorrow.

9. N8TGQ

Still trying to figure out the ins and outs of group admin. I have approved all the new members and posts I got notices for I think. Please bear with me as I get thru the learning curve.

Rick N8TGQ

KG7WGX likes this.