ad: Sussex-1

New Group to help new Hams or upgrade

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB9UMT, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB9UMT

KB9UMT Ham Member QRZ Page

This group is being formed to support those radio enthusiasts that already have experience in SWL, Scanners, or Citizen Band/FRS radio that would like to know more about becoming a Ham, would prefer direct help, and would like support while taking steps to become a Ham operator (or current Hams wanting to upgrade). Ham Radio is not for everyone but I think Ham Radio has things to offer anyone from young to old. There are hundreds of sites to help you in this that we can go over but it is nice to have direct help one on one at anytime. I am sure we have a few Hams willing to give their time to work with someone until they no longer are in need of this site (maybe even old study books or old equipment to help others get started) Hope this site might attract those kinds of Hams that go the extra mile to pass on what we all know is such a great hobby. So if you ever thought of becoming a Ham Radio operator, need to ask questions, or you are already a Ham and want to help others or upgrade then please Join this group!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hamradiohelp/

also:
    Wanted: Ham Radio Study material/books

If you would like to give something back to this great hobby we have and are willing not to make a few bucks but give wanted no longer needed study books to someone that would like to get into Ham Radio or advance then please email kb9umt@arrl.net and lets connect your items to a interested person or Ham in need of them! Things like Tech, Gen, and Extra study guides are appreciated or even code taps/cds and the like wanted also. I can get them placed with a person in need or you can by posting at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hamradiohelp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.