New free logging software

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by KY4CQ, Apr 1, 2021.

ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KY4CQ

KY4CQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

HamRS was just released for Mac, iOS, windows, ubuntu, and Linux. It was designed for POTA and field day use, but he is working to add general logbooks as well. Callsign dated pulled from QRZ when you enter it, and cloud syncing of logbooks between devices is coming. By far the best POTA log book if you don't wanna pay for MacLoggerDX. You do log rig connection. The website is hamrs.app. The picture is what the POTA logbook looks like on a MacBook Pro.

Attached Files:

AB6RF and K3DCW like this.
  2. KY4GS

KY4GS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

not free - $4.99

3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Just use QRZ

4. KY4GS

KY4GS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ probably best anyway for my purposes. But I revisited the site and I believe the download is free from the website. I tried downloading from AppStore on both the Mac and iPhone and it was $4.99. It's possible the download from the website could be free. Kudos and good luck to the developer.

5. WV8A

WV8A Ham Member QRZ Page

The App Store $4.99 version is for iOS/iPad. The macOS version is directly downloadable from the dev website, https://www.hamrs.app/, just click on the "macOS" button above the screen shot and it will immediately download a .dmg. On first launch, you have to use the File>Open dialog and approve its use, to circumvent the dire warning Apple pops up that it cannot check the app for malware.
    Looks pretty simple and straightforward.

Chuck
    WV8A