New Forums Style Available

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AA7BQ, Aug 12, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It's kinda like reading something with a BLACK LIGHT. A little bit fuzzy for this OF.
    Be careful when going from this to someone's QRZ Page !!!! It will momentarily blind you !!! :eek:

I think I've just been looking at something WHITE w/no contrast for so long that it will take a day or two too get used to this pitch-black background. jmho ;)

2. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I'm beginning to feel guilty being a mere 'subscriber'.:oops:

Now if only there was the dial of a Drake PTO in the right hand side of those big blue bars...:D

W7JZE likes this.
  3. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I've gone back to the white background for a while.
    otw it's like a flashbulb going off in your eyes going from Forms to BIOs. After reading a bio (or two) & coming back to Forums, it takes a while for my old eyes to adjust to the BLACK background.
    OLD EYES SUCK !!!:(

4. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ditto. It didn't take me long to revert back to the white background! Maybe there could be a skin in between Glaring White and Black Light Village ?

5. WC5P

WC5P Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I tried the dark also. In a way, I kinda liked the dark, but after a while, I concluded that, although it looked good, I'm just not accustomed to reading white on black, so I went back to the default setup. Then a BFO (Blinding Flash of the Obvious) hit me. I backed off the monitor brightness a couple of clicks, and eureka, much better than full brightness.

AD0QQ likes this.
  6. N4CYA

N4CYA QRZ MODERATOR Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Your welcome, If you guys and ladies need any help with the website additions or add on's let me know I'll help! Also, the purple box around the forum member's callsign picture, Staff/Ham Member and QRZ Page icon...I think we should this color should be changed to better colors than Purple itself. I say Green for Staff and some color the forum members can vote on?

7. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I find the Dark Shack theme works very well on my phone.

And the sudden change to white when navigating elsewhere is not an issue because that's pretty normal on the phone.

8. KI6LZ

KI6LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

YEAH!!!!!! My eyes thank you. Mucho guddo.

9. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

OMG!!!! This is SO COOL!!

All you "whitelanders" need to just at least try this....

Love it!!

Dave
    W7UUU

NL7W likes this.
  10. WA5DX

WA5DX Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, me too........