New Forums Style Available

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by AA7BQ, Aug 12, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7GIB

W7GIB Ham Member QRZ Page

Much Nicer Thanks guys

2. N0YPD

N0YPD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Once you go down the dark path you wont be able to come back.:D

NL7W likes this.
  3. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Much better on my old eyes. I'll keep it. Thanks Fred!

4. N8VZL

N8VZL Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh soooooooomuch nicer than the default tyty

NL7W likes this.
  5. K4KYV

K4KYV Subscriber QRZ Page

Another way to produce the same effect with a Windows computer is to go to "Colour Inversion". First, turn on Magnifier, by pressing the Windows logo key‌ simultaneously with Plus (+) on the keyboard. Now hold down the Windows logo key and press the "-" (minus) key to bring the display size back down to 100%. (Press Windows logo key + Esc to turn Magnifier off.) To turn Magnifier on and off using a touch screen or the mouse, select Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Magnifier and use the toggle under Turn on Magnifier.

With Magnifier turned on as described above, hold down the Ctrl and Alt keys simultaneously and then press lower case "i" to toggle between normal and inverted screen. This way works with the screen display for all web sites and all documents. An advantage to Dark Shack is that graphics still turn out normal; with Windows Inversion, photos and other graphics appear as a photographic negative.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  6. K6TEP

K6TEP Subscriber QRZ Page

Dark Shack is very nice, and even better if you are using it late at night. I use f.lux to shift the color temps on my displays to warmer and less blue at night to make it easier to go to sleep. Dark Shack works really well in that mode.

NL7W likes this.
  7. KN4RA

KN4RA Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh much better! thanks

8. K7MFC

K7MFC Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks great! As a software developer spending may hours in front a screen each day, I love dark themes and use them whenever possible in applications and websites. If I could make one suggestion it would be make the background not quite as dark. A completely black background with bright colors can still have the same glaring effect as a white background. I was tweaking the styles a bit and changed the the background-color of element classes pageContent and article to rgb(25,25,25) and it really softens the look of the page and is a bit easier on the eyes in my opinion. Here's a sample screen shot:

upload_2018-7-8_7-59-37.png

Good work with the dark theme! It's on permanently for me!

W4RAV likes this.
  9. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

I Too like the Dark theme (notice i mention the theme and not what i get up to in the Dark as i don't want to scare anyone) .

10. KE0MUG

KE0MUG Ham Member QRZ Page

looks very nice... like it a lot.