New Ending for QSO's ?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W5BIB, May 17, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K9STH

K9STH Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

How about QBE that the late K9BPV used to use. Dave was an airborne radio operator in the Navy and QBE means "I am now reeling in my antenna". Many aircraft had a trailing wire antenna that had to be reeled in before the aircraft could land. Therefore, when QBE was sent, there would be no more transmissions.

Glen, K9STH

N1YR, W5BIB, KU4X and 1 other person like this.
  2. N4GKS

N4GKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Yawn.

3. AF2Z

AF2Z Ham Member QRZ Page

ES HF (Have Fun!)

W5BIB likes this.
  4. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I may skip the "R"s on the CW QSO next time and just use "10-4" 73 Rac

5. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

In case you missed it in a previous post.

MY TAKE ON THE 11 METER (CB) / HAM RADIO ISSUE

From K3XR post on QRZ.com forum..

The 11 meter issue is a separate one doubtful any opinions will change regardless here goes......Just finished reading new replies to this thread when listening to a conversation on 2 meters with one station telling the other station he was "giving him 2 pounds" now there's a ham phrase if ever there was one! Seems to me no one would know you were a previous 11 meter operator unless you made it known or unless you conducted your operating in a manner that would remove any doubt.

It is difficult for some to understand that references to 11 meters by way of phrases operating practices etc are offensive to those who take pride in a disciplined hobby where it's participants mostly comply with the rules and regulations. Yes, I know ham radio has its share of bad operators that does not mean we need more of them.

If you are a former operator of the 11 meter band and complied with all of the rules and regulations on that band there is every reason to expect you will do the same on the ham bands and you should be welcomed. For example, did you limit your communications to 151 miles (recently changed) ? Limit transmissions to 5 minutes with a 1 minute break? Only operated on assigned channels? Operated at the legal power limit? The old and recently changed rules and regs are widely available if you want to take the time to do the research.

6. W5UAA

W5UAA Ham Member QRZ Page

Ya, I hear them occasionally when I occasionally peruse the voice parts of the bands. They probably heard about the next VE test session somewhere, showed up, passed the test and then left. Got their license and then moved their modified Yaesu, Icom or Kenwood off of 27.185 to 7.200 or 3.XXX where they've been listening to some of the worst ham operators on the air and think that's normal.

They just need some elmering.

On the other hand, maybe that's the future of ham radio no matter what we, as a group, try to do to:

(c) Encouragement and improvement of the amateur service through rules which provide for advancing skills in both the communication and technical phases of the art.

(d) Expansion of the existing reservoir within the amateur radio service of trained operators, technicians, and electronics experts.

7. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Using words like that confuses many rag chewers. Hi Bill my name is Rob, what have you been doing today? Umm arhh dipole, 100 watts, Brisbane, its gotta be Brisbane. Umm ok have a nice day, bye. Ummm Icom i got Icom.

I kid, but man i have had actual qsos that looked as awful as that.

8. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm good with all ideas, just as long as I don't sign with an SK

N3UPM likes this.
  9. W5BIB

W5BIB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

es GM, GE, GN ;)

73 es GE/SS
    dit dit

10. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Let's shorten that to "dit... dit" on phone as well.

W5BIB likes this.