ad: hrd-2

New Elecraft KPA1500 Amplifier Presentation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, May 22, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K0PIR

K0PIR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you David, KG6IRW for an excellent and informative presentation on the Elecraft KPA1500 amplifier. What an awesome piece of equipment.

kpa1500.jpg

KPA1500 solid-state amplifier won’t take over your entire desktop: it’s just 4.5 x 13.5 x 11.5”.

KA6PNL, KB8OKJ, AB9JS and 3 others like this.
  2. W8WOM

W8WOM Ham Member QRZ Page

i want one when they go on sale ......lol

NH7RO and K0PIR like this.
  3. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

You can order one.

W8WOM, NH7RO and K0PIR like this.
  4. K0PIR

K0PIR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think he said they will be shipping in two or three months. No reservation fee, just call up and get in line. Elecraft will call you shortly before the ship date and confirm your order at that time.

W8WOM likes this.
  5. WB8LBZ

WB8LBZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Interesting choice of color for the High Voltage Power Pole connectors. I would have thought it would have been a light blue and black not red and black. What can go wrong? Nice looking unit, can run full bore all day.

73, Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX

K3SX likes this.
  6. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Those are 75 Amp Power Pole connectors and are physically larger than standard PP's. Shouldn't be an issue at all.

NH7RO and WB8LBZ like this.
  7. WB8LBZ

WB8LBZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I also have some of the 75 Amp PPs for a mobile amp. The LDMOS amps are just starting to come on the market. Many at 50 Volts and as much as 50 amps. I have seen 3 of these chips on a board. This amp (IF you could run it wide open) could do 2500 Watts with out problem but has been dialed back. There is a kit amp made in Germany that will do 2500. The design looks good. I expect to see this box in photos of DXpeditions. I went to the website and read the specs. Two thumbs up for this new amp

73, Larry WB8LBZ
    El Paso, TX

KK4HPY, K0PIR and NH7RO like this.
  8. NH7RO

NH7RO Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe that is the same size as my KPA-500---the main difference being the outboard PS for the 1500. Wish they had showed that, too but it is still quite a treat to see the long awaited KPA-1500 become a reality. I bet sales will go through the roof in Aptos.

Way to go Elecraft! Now I really need to win the Texas Lotto...soon!

W8WOM likes this.
  9. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks great! I have a huge, heavy QRO Technologies DX-2500 on my desk taking up a fair amount of room.... great amp, but I can certainly see this amp in my future, more maybe one of the German kits.

W8WOM, KH6KG and K0PIR like this.
  10. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Six grand? Sigh...I suppose I'm sticking with tubes in the form of my AL-811H . :(

VK6APZ, KE9OL and K0PIR like this.