ad: Radclub22-1

New Dual Band Mobile Breaks $250 Barrier

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KK0SD, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. N2RRA

N2RRA Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm with this guy! Just over the weekend I walked into a surplus store to buy fatigues and the only stuff he stocked was from CHINA. Cost was $37. and the guys excuse was no one will pay the $60. for a pair made in America. WRONG! I would! So I didn't buy them.

Point is I make it my business to try to buy American as much as possible and stay away from Pakistan, India, and China who have the same mind set and ideals as North Korea. China is sucker'ing you guys to buy due to low cost. Think about the people die'ing of slave labor and poor conditions to keep producing radios at that cost. Not my thing!!

I'll keep my Japanese/American radios!

2. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

"We come in peace (shoot to kill, shoot to kill)"

Don't have a clue, although they have features on some of the trunked Motorola stuff to zap it if it is stolen, etc....

3. KB3FXI

KB3FXI Ham Member QRZ Page

Woxon is out of their minds with their dual band pricing. For a few more bucks, you can get what is, IMHO, the best basic dual FM dual band on the market which is the Yaesu FT-8800.

I'd consider buying the rig referenced in this post if it broke the $150 barrier.

4. VE3VK

VE3VK Ham Member QRZ Page

You can find it on alibaba express for not much more then $150 direct from the manufacturer.

I was debating on picking one up to put in my Jeep since soft tops aren't very good at securing a $400 radio.

5. ZL1RD

ZL1RD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello I have one of the UV 55 in my vehicle for about a year. They are quite nice radios.... no issues to speak of. In fact we sell them here in New Zealand and happy to send to the US. Best regards, Rob

6. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hmmmm, my Yaesu FT-450 and FT-950 and FT-817 are all made in Japan...me thinks you are mistaken.

7. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

You are stating an opinion, aren't you? Because your comments are definitely not fact. My opinion and the opinion of several other hams that I am acquainted with believe that the Yaesu HT's out perform the Wouxuns in nearly every way. What database did you use that gives you the idea that nearly everyone owns a Wouxun? I assure that is incorrect.

8. VA3TSE

VA3TSE Ham Member QRZ Page

NO,

but Whacko-Mode:

"Inspection, Monitor, Stun and Kill"

I'm positively impressed! nobody say them chinese don't strive to meet their customers' needs!

9. KC9SQR

KC9SQR Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually I think that's exactly what the "stun and kill" is..

After googling "radio stun and kill" there were a few different companies pages that pop up... According to Icom...

"The radio stun/kill functions disable a lost or stolen radio over the air, eliminating security threats from undesired listeners."

I think that they are copying what Icom, Motorola, and Vertex are doing...

10. N6RLS

N6RLS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The "back-up" Yaesu FT-60R I recently bought turns out to be Hecho en China - like most things now... kinda hard to avoid (not impossible, but definitely hard) ... also, the linked page is apparently taking bulk orders (you can get 100 of those radios for USD 20,554.10 * Shipping Cost Included)

11. KD1XH

KD1XH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm also staying away from the Chinese rigs. When I bought my last HT went for the Yaesu VX6 instead of cheaper alternatives. Not in the market for new mobile or HT, maybe for new HF rig, which will be Elecraft most likely.

At least if Japan took any jobs from us it was with quality not cheap slave labor and non-regulation.

12. N8EMR

N8EMR Ham Member QRZ Page

Another Chinese made commercial radio they are trying to sell as a ham radio. Dual band radio, no detachable head, No DIN data port, Only 128 channels, N0 mention of PC program-ability.

13. K5MPH

K5MPH Ham Member QRZ Page

everything is made in china now.

everything is made in china so you say you are not going to buy from china,well let us know how you are going to go about that,quit putting the wrong people in power that run our country,quit leting the rich run everything..............

14. KC8YHW

KC8YHW Ham Member QRZ Page

I have found an image that shows a programming cable and CD

I also doubt that it puts out 45 watts with this spec. "Current drainStandby: Less than 0.4A Receive: Less than 1.0A Transmit: Less than 0.8A"

or they really know how to use electrons.

15. W6OM

W6OM Ham Member QRZ Page

Amusing thread. Having lived and worked in China, Russia and several other countries it is interesting to see all the angst and bias. It's a global economy gents, a factory in Qing Dao China named Bittel has built the boards for Icom Kenwood and Yaesu for over 20 years. A Chinese factory in Singapore named Saken has built all the power supplies for them as well.

Ford Engines come from a Plant in Southern Mexico, and both Elecraft and Ten Tec buy their components from Taiwan. I am in the business and know how it works and just because the English is not correct in a manual does not mean the quality is bad.

This is just too funny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.