ad: ProAudio-1

New Dual Band Mobile Breaks $250 Barrier

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KK0SD, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W4KTL

W4KTL Ham Member QRZ Page

What? No built in flashlight?

2. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes!!! It's a Ham Radio and a TASER! Who doesn't need this??? :cool:

3. KN4RA

KN4RA Ham Member QRZ Page

Modular mic plugs suck. (I know I know. They all use them these days)

4. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

FCC cert?

I bet it's illegal to have one of these in the U.S. Notice how it could be used to jam, for example.

Just to clarify, I too strongly object to PRC radios. I just wanted to point out that PRC is not ROC, and I know of no hams who ethnicly exclude Chinese. That would be hateful and silly. I am sure this clarifies those comments. Essentially it is an objection to 'State Capitalism' and dumping goods on the U.S. market.

Chip W1YW

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You can thank PRC for the most important invention ever...the SUICIDE NET!! A La FOXCONN.

Chip W1YW

6. N0AMY

N0AMY Ham Member QRZ Page

even yaesu, icom and kenwood is made in china.. everything is made in china... sorry it is a little too late..

7. NA0AA

NA0AA Ham Member QRZ Page

I like the FM button. And pardon me, but have you any VFO (knobs)?

Thanks, I think I'll stick with Yaesu for the present. They are repairable.

Of course, I need a mobile with a detachable front panel anyway.

But you know, for the orange vest brigade this might be just the ticket.

8. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

There are too many reasons to mention here, I'm the same why which is why any new radios I buy in the foreseeable future will ether be American made or come from Icom, since the other two have their gear built in China. Used gear I have a different attitude about, I feel more of my money stays here. in the US, or at least has a better chance of doing so.

9. KA5WWW

KA5WWW Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't think its legal here in the usa. The specs say transcieve freq range is out of the ham bands, and no fcc type acceptance.
    But could be good when things get bad.

73 Fred KA5WWW

10. KI6NY

KI6NY Ham Member QRZ Page

Wondering what the 'Stun and Kill' feature does - doesn't give you a lot of confidence that these people know what they're doing (or saying...)

11. KC9SQR

KC9SQR Ham Member QRZ Page

I was curious as well as to what the "stun and kill" was...
    After googling "radio stun and kill" there were a few different companies pages that pop up... According to Icom...

"The radio stun/kill functions disable a lost or stolen radio over the air, eliminating security threats from undesired listeners."

I suppose we can only assume that they are copying what Icom, Motorola, and Vertex are doing...

12. W7HBP

W7HBP QRZ Lifetime Member #83 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Comes with a built in phaser! :eek:

13. WA4OTD

WA4OTD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So it's ok to buy your dual band radio from Japan and not China?

14. K2KHA

K2KHA Ham Member QRZ Page

Agreed. These Chinese radios sometimes outperform not only in receive and transmit, but also in price. Wouxuns HT's are superior on receive to every single Yaesu HT out there. Nearly everyone has a Wouxun and they're by far very excellent radios that come out of China.

15. KK2DOG

KK2DOG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After the market is flooded with cheap Chinese crap, then the bootleg 11-meter ops will join us on v/uhf where the frequencies are nice and clear. Not to mention the 'no-speaka'-da'inglish' crowd soon to be on a repeater near you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.