New Digital Petition at the FCC -- RM-11831

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K0IDT, Mar 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks, that stuff had me floored I’ll go read more about it.

KX4O and AB2RA like this.
  2. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Not your fault, the rules have you hopping all over the place to find the answers.

KX4O, AB2RA and KK5JY like this.
  3. N8OHU

N8OHU Ham Member QRZ Page

You do realize that the filer and the guy you're trading messages with here are the same person, right? And that what he's not in favor of is the inability for the average ham to read what is being sent via the system.

AB2RA and K4AGO like this.
  4. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

OK I went and read it multiple multiple times and I think you’re reading is incorrect. The permissions are nested in very complicated Ways but (a) in one section allows multiple things in another to be acceptable. And I’m not a lawyer, but it looks like it’s covered,. And besides the FCC issued and opinion that appears to be opposed to your way of thought here:https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-95-2106A1.pdf

5. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes of course, but he has an ax to grind and the goal he is after is having an extremely harmful effect because he hasn’t thought through the Broad side effects

WU8Y likes this.
  6. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

So I think he has multiple problems before we even get to the unconstitutional aspect. Basically, the systems he opposes have been for sale I think for 20 years. The FCC did not see any reason to stop their sales and in fact they are widely used. A court is going to find it difficult To understand the logic of the change here. That would make it arbitrary and capricious. Which it is!

WU8Y likes this.
  7. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Had these systems been illegal as he wants or thinks they are, the recent provision of VARA would’ve been a great place for the FCC to Step in. They didn’t.

Further, I’m not an expert at all of this, but I hear a lot of these when link stations that he hates, sending identification in Morse code. I’m not certain if he is aware of that but he insinuates that it is not happening at least not much.

8. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

The fascinating part of this is that he is attacking sections of the fastest growing portions of ham radio! The sections that I breathe new life into much of ham radio! He wants to make emergency communications in the complete absence of the Internet nonexistent through WINLINK yet that (radio-only, which requires pactor ) is a system that was demanded to be created by the government itself! And he wants to tear it down!

He’s just fighting against all the progress made in ham radio in the recent decades. This isn’t a fight worth fighting or winning.

WU8Y likes this.
  9. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Sorry, I’m trying to read all these complicated FCC documents and write on a cell phone, using Siri, and it doesn’t always work right.

AB2RA likes this.
  10. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Have a really great rest of the day :):)

AB2RA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.