ad: ProAudio-1

New digital mode FT4

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Apr 23, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

It's not a QSO, it's a contact.

The problem is some people see a contact mode as a QSO mode, and when it does not do what they want, they poo on it.

Use the right mode for your interests.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    KX3A, WU8Y, N5AF and 1 other person like this.
  2. KD0WGB

KD0WGB Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

LOL

3. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Dream!!
    and it is coming closer!
    I go downstairs, turn on the radio shack and mouse click Start on the Station Laptop
    58380740_10156875121159927_1489324727871733760_n.jpg
    in a few days I come back to find the laptop has worked 164 countries and 36 zones! Then there is a DX contest and the in that the laptop scored big time!! It automatically checked DX summit to find new ones and rotated the beam accordingly.

Congratulations, My Laptop had a wonderful time in the contest!!

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's what FT-0 will be: ZERO operator activity!! The OP is busy watching SPONGEBOB!!

N3FAA and AK5B like this.
  5. KT4U

KT4U XML Subscriber QRZ Page

When is the bashing for the cw ops that use a keyboard going to start? Is there a difference?

N4AWP likes this.
  6. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is par for the course - and it's generally the same three or four folks making the derogatory posts.

When DXpeditions start using the new mode, along side CW, SSB, RTTY the fervor will die down - the same way that Fox and Hound for FT8 did.

7. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

I bet nobody will work P5 or Bouvet on FT8/FT4!:rolleyes:

8. KD2NOM

KD2NOM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Or Ducie Island ....

9. WD0BCT

WD0BCT Ham Member QRZ Page

FT-0 will T/R in less than 0 seconds. Contesting scores will go to infinity and beyond!

10. KC2SIZ

KC2SIZ Ham Member QRZ Page

People are going to do what they're going to do, work whatever modes they're going to work--and ham radio will either survive, or it won't.

There's no point worrying about it. Pursue what interests you and ignore everything else.

K0IP and KD2NOM like this.
  11. NU4N

NU4N XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Where caN the FT4 mode be dowloaded??
    Thanks Dave NU4N

12. K8SQB

K8SQB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Feeding cats. It's all a plot by cats. Less radio, more belly rubs and food and letting in and out and picking hair out of your oatmeal. Humans only think they run things, because that's what cats want them to believe. Makes them more manageable.

KS4TD, W0PV, AI6IN and 4 others like this.
  13. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

I dont see where an appliance operator is mode dependent.

N5WD and AK5B like this.
  14. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Spark requires a CW ability.

DM2TT likes this.
  15. KA2K

KA2K XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My guess would be the negative comments are generally posted by those that lack the knowledge and skills to integrate their radios and digital mode applications with the PC. That's too bad because they are missing out on an interesting option for radio fun. But they would not understand the skills and nuances of these modes that actually make them fun and interesting because they have never used them. They are content to just make comments that attest to such. There is a time, place and purpose for every mode to be enjoyed by all.

KI5AIU, K2NCC, KG5THG and 2 others like this.