ad: ProAudio-1

New Callsign Format for Australian Foundation Licencees

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VK3QB, Oct 27, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. VK4TI

VK4TI Guest

"WZ7U, post: 5250856, member: 28956"

""Why are western societies increasingly coming off the rails?""

""just a silly seppo question...""

Well perhaps because of political foolishness some folk think lies are acceptable if it advances their agenda and being social media they can avoid consequences when caught , obviously the authors of these lies need to resign and be castigated as real life has consequences .

WZ7U likes this.
  2. W6RZ

W6RZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The VF prefix is allocated to Canada.

3. GM6DX

GM6DX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I find the whole 4 letter suffix weird. Most countries change a number or prefix to indicate a license class. A simple solution is to change the prefix VZ would do.
    Z is the last letter in the alphabet and is at the bottom, just like the foundation license class. ;)

4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

On 1/11-2019 @VK3QB rasa said We will be announcing the results in the next few days. 9 days later no results from the monkey survey. Rasa lies yet again. Best thing you could ever do is announce you have shit canned your flawed monkey survey, call a mulligan, speak to some adults and have a real survey of VK amateurs on the subject. Not a survey of everyone in the world who can vote multiple times.

5. VK4GAP

VK4GAP Ham Member QRZ Page

It's happened plenty of times in the past , it's a cycle , it's based on the "Lowest Common Denominator" , it's the End .

or the Zombie Apocalypse .

6. RC3C

RC3C XML Subscriber QRZ Page

VH-VJ, VL-VN, VZ prefixes are free according from DXCC List.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
    VK6WB likes this.
  7. VK4GAP

A lot of those are Aircraft blocks , civil police , and plenty more .

Unfortunately Effers seem to have lost the incentive to upgrade to a standard call-sign as they get just about everything people studied hard for back in the not to distant "old" days imo , but even back then there were plenty of Black Box operating going on and still is .

I personally think the Effers should now be banned as it is a proven design not to work , get rid of the do-gooders in power (it used to be the Wia which are responsible for the dramas in the 1st place) and RE-BOOT the N (Novice VK?N?? or N???) call-signs , not that anyone actually asked me here HaHaHaHa .

And No , i do not care what you all think .

8. RC3C

And so? Syntaxis of those calligns is not equal to our format. If no option to use them, just need to find another way IMO.
    OK. No matter.

VK4GAP likes this.
  9. VK4GAP

Yes there is a way and it's easy enough imo , send a letter "Upgrade within 1 or 2 years or you'll have no licence as the F series is being deleted" and it's N for you .

And that was not directed at you OM the i do not care what you all think bit , it was for the others in the country as this stuff and others has been a long standing joke for a very long time , i'm lucky as it's all just a hobby for me so i can take it or leave it .

You shoulda seen all the drama over the no code saga back in time a bit , the world was coming to a end back then !

Anyway a bit of history and i would not have a clue on how accurate it is as time flys by

https://ethw.org/Callsign_History_-_Australia

"Following a 2018 open tender, AusTender reference 18ACMA148, the ACMA selected the University of Tasmania - Australian Maritime College (AMC), deliver amateur radio examinations, issue amateur certificates of proficiency and for related callsign management. The Wireless Institute of Australia (WIA) Deed of provision of services came to an end on 1 February 2019".

73's Paul .

RC3C likes this.
  10. RC3C

11. VK4GAP

See you at the бар . (i play S.T.A.L.K.E.R 1000's of hours)
    73 OM

RC3C likes this.
  12. VK2OZ

VK2OZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Well is this not ironic when the novice ticket was introduced requiring a lot more knowledge to get there was no talk of giving novices rtty and amtor or packet so were is the justification in giving the foundation calls all these extra modes when for one i do not believe that there are any questions relating to any knowledge on these modes.This only shows if you wait long enough you get all given to you with no effort the peak bodies who are supposed to be looking after our hobby have gone out of their way to lower it's standards as can be seen with this latest move,what is next give the F calls 100 watts would'nt surprise me at all.

13. VK3YE

VK3YE Ham Member QRZ Page

A consequence of the various VK call sign reforms has been a big spike in demand from amateurs wishing to apply for new callsigns.

This has led to lengthy delays in processing due to the deluge of applications received by the Australian Maritime College (who administers VK exams and issues call sign recommendations).

A detailed report and background here:

AB5WX likes this.
  14. AB5WX

AB5WX QRZ Lifetime Member #313 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Thanks for talking about this. I have a friend in Australia who has been waiting on a call sign for a while now.

VK3YE likes this.