New Call Sign Change Automatically

Discussion in 'Logbook User Forum' started by WF9J, Feb 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WF9J

WF9J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Today I was assigned a new vanity call. It is WF9J. The old call W9ZED is what my logbook is under. Will this update be reflected automatically or are there steps needed to change the logbook?

Thank you,
    Maurice (WF9J)

2. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Wait, don't do anything. The QRZ system will automatically add your new callsign within 3 days of it becoming effective on the FCC's website. This is especially important for QRZ Subscribers who risk losing their subscription if they don't wait for the system to do the update. The system will update your username to your new callsign and transfer your bio and other information automatically. Your login password will remain the same. Be patient, it will work.

Your old logbook should also be available on the logbook name pull down list.

3. WF9J

Thank you for the response. One last question. Will I need to start a new log for the new call sign? I use JT-Alert to automatically send my FT8 contacts to my log here. It also uses the API to retrieve call sign data. So I am hoping it will seamlessly continue. But I will make a new log if needed. The only thing is I have enough award credits for several awards using the old call sign. And would hate to lose them.
    Maurice (WF9J)

4. W1DQ

W1DQ Logbook Administrator Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Each logbook has an assigned unique callsign (with date range) hence that logbook will only accept QSOs made using that unique callsign that are within the date range. You may own multiple logbooks. They are individually managed.

QRZ provides an API developer's guide as to how to interact with QRZ but it does not the construct the final interface. Contact the API developer for support with regard to its capabiity.

5. WF9J

Ok. The account has switched to my new call sign. The new logbook has been created. And I still have the old logbook.
    Do the award credits for my old log stay with it or can they be used with the new log? For example I have All but one continent in the old log. Does this mean I will begin at the beginning or can those other contacts be used? I guess I am asking if the awards are attached to the call sign or to the user account.
    Thank you for your patience,
    Maurice (WF9J)

6. W1DQ

Awards are attached to the user account. Callsigns can be combined.

Open your logbook
    Click on Awards
    Select single or combination of callsigns owned by the user.