ad: CQMM-1

New book especially for Icom IC-7300 owners

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by ZL3DW, May 24, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. ZL3DW

ZL3DW Ham Member QRZ Page

I am pleased to announce that my new book, "The Radio Today guide to the IC-7300" is now available from Amazon, Kindle, and the RSGB bookshop. In Amazon just search for ‘IC-7300 book’. Before you buy a copy, check out the reviews on Amazon.

The book includes useful tips and tricks for the configuration and operation of the fabulous Icom IC-7300 transceiver. Rather than duplicate the manuals which describe each button, function, and control, I have used a more functional approach. This is a “how to do it” book with easy to follow step by step instructions. The IC-7300 has created something of a revolution in the amateur radio world. With this radio, Icom provides the advantages of SDR technology in a format that is familiar for users of their earlier transceivers. Most importantly the IC-7300 has many features that were previously only available on much more expensive radios.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/109377133X/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_2?keywords=ic-7300+book&qid=1557900862&s=books&sr=1-2-fkmrnull

upload_2019-5-25_9-35-1.png upload_2019-5-25_9-35-1.png

WB3V, K9UR, KE4ITL and 4 others like this.
  2. M0DPX

M0DPX Ham Member QRZ Page

Just ordered 1 from the RSGB Andrew. looking forward to delivery:)

ZL3DW likes this.
  3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

is the IC 7610 next???

4. ZL3DW

Hi, the Radio Today guide to the IC-7610 was issued in December last year, so it was actually done earlier than the IC-7300 book.
    It is available on Amazon, Kindle, and from the RSGB bookshop. And possibly from the ARRL bookshop. Just search in Amazon for "Icom IC-7610 book" and you will find it. Make sure to check out the reviews before buying a copy, and if you like the book, I would certainly appreciate some stars on Amazon.

The IC-9700 book... hopefully by Christmas.

cheers Andrew ZL3DW.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    WB5THT, KC9ONY and K0UO like this.
  5. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Please let us know when the IC-9700 book comes out.

N9AGC and WB5THT like this.
  6. PE1KWE

PE1KWE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there a IC-9100 book available? I do own one with full options but the Icom manual is a bit vague to me at times. I love the rig but sometimes i run into a swamp.

7. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

these books are complimentary ($0.00) with a KindleUnlimited subscription!

8. WB5MG

WB5MG Ham Member QRZ Page

I will check it out , I love my 7300 will be nice t ohave a book dedicated to it

9. VE3WI

VE3WI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just got my copy. I really like the "how to" approach he used. It's helping me understand this rather complex little rig. Now, please write one for my ANAN :)
    Dave, VE3WI

10. ZL3DW

Hi, the Radio Today guide to the Icom IC-9700 is now available from Amazon, Kindle, and the RSGB (UK edition). In Amazon just search for Icom IC-9700 Book.

K8VHL likes this.
  11. KC5RR

KC5RR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, Andrew. I own the 7300 but have never had the time to play around with it until now. Just ordered the book.

12. WB4YAL

WB4YAL Ham Member QRZ Page

Just got the Kindle version of your IC 9700 book. Very nicely done!

Thanks and 73, de John WB4YAL

13. N1OEY

N1OEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Friend just gave me a copy of the book yesterday. Very nicely done and easy to follow. Thank you!

14. K0LEF

K0LEF Ham Member QRZ Page

Just ordered the book. Excited to try out some tips to make my 7300 perform better.
    73, Doug

15. KC8UD

KC8UD Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds good, Andrew. Did you include the undocumented trick of how to record and play back audio through the radio?