ad: MLSons-1

New Baofeng 144/220 MHZ transceiver the UV-82X

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K4TEC, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K4TEC

K4TEC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes this is Martyn K4TEC of Radio-Mart, guess you didn't see the links and obvious statement?

2. K7IQ

K7IQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I just received my UV-82 (144/220) radio and, knowing how to program my UV-5R into channels just fine, I cannot
    for the life of me figure out how to put VFO into channels successfully. I can't seem to find a decent show me how
    tutorial on the web either like I did for the UV5R... Does any body know hot to do this from the keyboard ?

I can use chirp or something but may not always have a computer handy so I would like to learn how.

Too bad also you have to turn the radio off and on just to alternate frequency and channel mode.

Any tips would be appreciated !

Other than this, the audio is very good.

Thanks,
    boB
    K7IQ

3. K7IQ

K7IQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Found what I was looking for on the programming...
    www.miklor.com/COM/UV_ProgMem.php

It's like the UV-5R but needs to make sure it's programmed from the top memory rather than the low memory.
    Works !

Oh, these radios also have a problem with the front end evidently that makes them very susceptible to opening up the squelch sporatically so I programmed in the Receive CTCSS to fix that problem.

4. WA8LGM

WA8LGM Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw one of those while talking to a friend on Skype. Looks interesting. However, the dual position PTT switch did prove to be interesting. A band switch might have been a better idea, but I really don't think that it draws any utility away from this very good radio. 73!

5. W8MRL

W8MRL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does anyone have a brand and model number of a good aftermarket 2m/1.25cm antenna for the UV-82X ? I'm having trouble finding one. Diamond, Comet, MFJ - I'm sure one of them makes one but I'm not finding it.

Thanks,
    Rob

6. K3MSM

K3MSM Ham Member QRZ Page

Try W3VPR or K3CUJ. VPR is a linked system with repeaters in north and south Anne Arundel County. CUJ is a repeater near Howard High School in Columbia, MD. There are usually people listening and there are generally daily nets during the morning and evening drive times.

As far as the repeaters IN the city, I don't think they are used that often. I know one of them has an evening traffic net, but it seems like they are more into just passing along any messages than ragchewing. There is also another repeater that is sometimes monitored, W3PGA, in Middle River.

7. WD4AG

WD4AG Ham Member QRZ Page

"Does anyone have a brand and model number of a good aftermarket 2m/1.25cm antenna for the UV-82X ? I'm having trouble finding one. Diamond, Comet, MFJ - I'm sure one of them makes one but I'm not finding it."

Rob,

I personally use the Diamond SRH320A on all of my radios (Baofeng, Wouxun, Yaesu, Kenwood). They run about $38-40US and are tri band-2m/1.25/70cm- so it's convenient for any model with an SMA type connector. I believe Diamond actually makes one for the Baoefeng/Wouxun style connectors now. I got my last one at R&L for $38 plus shipping. Hope this helps!

Sorry for the unprofessional quote...forgot to hit the reply with quote button.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  8. W8MRL

W8MRL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm familiar with that antenna and I may go that way if R and L ever gets the adapters in. They have been out and couldn't tell me when they would be in.
    I'll dig some more and see if Diamond does have a model with a female SMA connector.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.