ad: elecraft

New auction site Claiming to be cheaper then e bay

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by WC8I, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WC8I

WC8I Ham Member QRZ Page

As i was watching csn tv, i seen a commercial about a new auction site on the web, it is called "overstock.com" it claims to be cheaper then e bay auctions, to be honest I dont no what there prices are?, but ,want to pass it along to all the hams, to atleast take a look at it. it looks very good to me.

2. K4LIX

K4LIX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Tried it - they don't even have a site for "Ham Radio"!

3. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Now Thats BAD !!! [​IMG] should we trash their email box and ask them if they will cater to our beloved hobby ? and are we not good @ floddeth thy email box until it runneth over ? [​IMG]

Well Gang lets take a vote on that .!

4. KJ5T

KJ5T Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They have a section for CB, Shortwave and Ham under Consumer Electronics.. BUT they don't have any Ham radio stuff listed.. because I am not sure how all that works, I am not sure what it takes for ham stuff to get get listed on there.. My guess it hams would have to start using overstock.com. Still I would rather by used from AES or some other ham store, where you could have somthing to fall back on. Or by directly from a ham himself Via QRZ.com or ARRL classifieds.. Or at a hamfest..

People have said the internet will kill swapmeets, but I believe that nothing can beat the fellowship of the swapmeet..

Have fun shopping...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.