New ARRL directors

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N3AWS, Nov 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-Geochron
  1. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems like the stale, living dead inhabitants of the ARRL's Newington HQ, have known for many years now what the tried/trued best way to grow a crop is and yet have done nothing about it. Except for shuffling some internet paperwork around with a new digital media format, that wreaks of sloth, ineptness. Especially since you know what it takes to repair the damage that has been done to the Club from years of neglect? Classrooms and lab facilities should have been built many years ago in a major upgrade expansion of HQ up yonder and there is no telling how many seeds could have been planted in that long since pasted time frame that was a positive benefit in that person's Life. God forbid if a person actually benefits in any way from an ARRL sponsored program. The Apex narcissists will be screaming loudly, I reckon. How many years has it been since that the Mountain didn't move and that guy over yonder, actually was smart enough to make the trek to that mountain? But it is much easier, get more tangible real World results in changing people lives for the better by selling cheaply made red bricks that crumble in a short amount of time, or by stick pins that no wants to begin with. :rolleyes:

The water carriers tie themselves to these wagons for some strange reason. Many proclaiming to honor the sacrifices many people have made on behalf of this Country, in both the civil and military environments. The best way to honor these folks is to actually live up to the ideals of America in your own individual way. Not just by the placing of an American flag on a grave site twice a year and voting on election days. These are great much needed endeavors for sure, but we Americans should do better. Honoring these folks 365 days a year, in an individuals' actions, upholding the ideals of America in their own unique individual way. The stifling of Free speech is about as reprehensible as it gets and the purveyors of this behavior, are usually using this vehicle to promote their own tin plated, megalomaniac, demi god self serving interests and have no place in the "all inclusive" ARRL. What does that say about the lack of character of those tin plated demi gods, that can't put their business up in the store front window for all to see, having their minions carry their water for them? Birds of a feather, flock together? o_O

ARRL does sponsor some child-centric activities. The group runs twice-annual Kids Days events, fosters contacts with school clubs across the country, and publishes resources for teachers to lead radio-centric classroom activities. But Michel readily admits “we don't have the resources to go out to middle schools"—which are key for piquing children's interest.

I'm guessing that the entity that hosted this article is a radical 1 and it's Free Speech should be stifled also? :rolleyes:

https://spectrum.ieee.org/ham-radio#toggle-gdpr

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  2. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

You just jumped the shark.

N2EY and W5INC like this.
  3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Don’t encourage him

4. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So what is everybody's opinion on the new directors? Asking for a friend in Massachusetts and Virginia...:confused:

K8BZ and (deleted member) like this.
  5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Likely most hams as well as most ARRL members don’t know enough to make an informed judgment and are more interested in results rather than musical chairs. The Directors come and go and nothing seems to change except the rhetoric.

NL7W, KE0GXN and (deleted member) like this.
  6. W5INC

Are the ARRL Directors allowed to take off their muzzle and actually engage in Free and Open discussions with the folks who elected them to their positions?

1 WaibQI2RvKTvSmEa4Irl_w.png

N3AWS likes this.
  7. K1OIK

K1OIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a strong opinion but I want to stay on QRZ.

KE0GXN likes this.
  8. KE0GXN

KE0GXN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Let her rip Burt! :D

9. W5INC

Man in the arena, Mr. Burt? Who knows better on what is actually going on in the real World, AR environment, better then the folks who are the actual boots on the ground, actively involved in this environment. Especially when promoting it and helping to keep AR's relevance factor off the iron lung, which it seems headed for. There is a reason why the curtain is there to begin with, I reckon. o_O

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.”

Gotta get my speed o meter checked?

10. W5INC

I will always give credit, where credit is due. I just read NA2AA's December 2021 QST column. A definitive move in the right direction, IMWO. Very informative, very refreshing and I urge all AR OPs to read it. This might help to keep some folks options open, on whether to become/renew their ARRL membership. Voice your opinions on it, in any media format you happen to choose, even sending an Email to NA2AA if you like.

Instead of an ARRL 5 year only plan, lets get a 5, 10, 20 and 50 year plan mileage markers in place, so there is always a few long term goals being pursued by the Club. So the direction of the Club is clearly marked, but course corrections can be implemented as needed. Classrooms/labs @ HQ? Open on Saturdays and some Sundays? Who knows, but stranger things have happened in the past, I reckon.