ad: ProAudio-1

New Amateur Extra Question Pool Released

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K1LKP, Jan 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KX4QC

KX4QC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Code is a hard-won skill, and good. Digital also has advantages, and whether we like it or not, it is part of our daily lives: VOIP, WiFi, cell phone, and now WSPR, FT-8, JS8call Olivia and more. Some may say that critical adjustment of the transmitter spark gap is also as necessary as taming the Creed teleprinter. Maybe the quiz should reflect the current world and competence, rather than just an entry barrier to our exclusive club? -And maybe we should get more involved in the debate of what is to be required, rather than just enjoy a good grump at the questions after they are released?
    I passed the Extra a year ago, and have been an Accredited Curmudgeon for life.

2. N9AMI

N9AMI Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like one of the many many excused from folks when CW testing was prominent (funny I have tinnitus and passed my general cw exam) guess its lucky for you they dumped it all and many cbers have come up and filled those cb extra spots.

3. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Build a transceiver in an hour?
    I have to assume this is kidding. Anyone who has done it, even from a kit, knows this is close to impossible.

4. KN4USA

KN4USA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Change is bad.. We don't want to move forward and improve ourselves with the technology that is out there. Let us just stay stuck in the 50s......

KE8GME likes this.
  5. W9RAC

W9RAC Ham Member QRZ Page

I would not brag about it.

6. KK7JB

KK7JB Ham Member QRZ Page

I got my extra last year. I intend to study the new exam. I think it gives me a good idea what
    the gurus think is important. I need to get up to speed on morse. I know all the letters but the rest
    is a challenge. It seems to me if you are a ham you should study/use code, it is just part of the
    scope. No doubt digital is significant. It fascinates me. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get my rig to
    do it. I am working on it.