ad: CQMM-1

New Amateur Extra Question Pool Released

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K1LKP, Jan 28, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I think the reference to Advanced was tongue in cheek. After all this thread is on it's third page, just about time to spin out of control.

2. K4VMG

K4VMG QRZ Lifetime Member #302 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Have you thought about using a light to read code. I worked in the navy and light was an acceptable method of morse code transmission. You won't get anywhere near the high speeds but it would enable you to work cw.

KD7HCW likes this.
  3. W9HJ

W9HJ QRZ Lifetime Member #294 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

I love all the comments about how real Extras should be building or modifying their own radios and yet the same people most likely trash Baofeng's. Maybe they should show us their mad l33t sk1llz and take a Baofeng and modify it so they won't complain about emissions.

Just saying. ;)

4. K8HIT

It's not the FCC, we do it to ourselves.

I bet if the license fee structure was changed to some amount that made a difference in the FCC budget, we could eliminate testing altogether.

5. N1HN

N1HN QRZ Lifetime Member #375 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

1. No
    2. What is stopping you from doing both or either?

6. N1HN

N1HN QRZ Lifetime Member #375 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

give me a break, how about you get your Extra first..... so easy, so why haven't you done it?

NY4I and K8HIT like this.
  7. KE8GME

KE8GME Ham Member QRZ Page

So the new questions are effective at the end of june? Have been studying for my extra but totally not ready for anything digital.

8. K8HIT

Is there a local club participating in Field Day near you? Our club demos digital modes at FD and if you could see that it would help a lot.

9. KE8GME

Yeah but i have the extra book that expires june 30, so im not wanting to "start over" per say.

if i can finish my extra before the end of june will i see the questions and material i have been studying for currently?

10. K8HIT

11. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

The old question pool is "locked." They don't change anything as they are busy with the new pool. If there are concerns about a question being invalid, the VECs just avoid using it.

12. KE8GME

Ok thank you very much.

13. AD0QK

AD0QK Ham Member QRZ Page

I wrote an open source practice exam program for all three licenses: Tech, General, and Extra. The project also has two helper apps to clean and parse the question pool documents (a real challenge). It's over on github. Here's the URL - https://github.com/stpaulchuck/FCC-Practice-Exam-Generator . I used it to pass all three tests. You really only need the database file and the compiled exam generator folder to create practice exams. You are welcome to download any or all of the project and play with it. If you have any suggestions or bugs you can leave a message on github or use the email address on my QRZ page - AD0QK. If you are an Elmer for these exams, this would be a big help for your students.

K8HIT likes this.
  14. AD0QK

I wrote an open source practice exam program for all three licenses: Tech, General, and Extra. The project also has two helper apps to clean and parse the question pool documents (a real challenge). It's over on github. Here's the URL - https://github.com/stpaulchuck/FCC-Practice-Exam-Generator . I used it to pass all three tests. You really only need the database file and the compiled exam generator folder to create practice exams. You are welcome to download any or all of the project and play with it. If you have any suggestions or bugs you can leave a message on github or use the email address on my QRZ page - AD0QK. If you are an Elmer for these exams, this would be a big help for your students.

15. AD0QK