Never seen that before...................

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W5INC, Jul 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: HRDLLC-2
  1. W5INC

W5INC Ham Member QRZ Page

As the title states, I have never seen a Transworld TW100 before. According to the sales posting over on another website it was supposed to cost 4K back in the day. Does the audio gain control knob work only on the Xmtr side only? Does the clarifier control work both RX and TX sides at the same time? A round S/PWR meter is different along with a keypad for punching in VFO frequencies? I guess not too many of these rigs were produced to begin with. Plastic box to be sure! :)

transworld.jpg

Disclaimer: I have no pecuniary interest in the sale of this radio

2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I suspect that's what most radios call "volume."

3. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

Evidently, it is not only an HF radio, it is an HF Communications System.

I wonder if it has a built in power supply?

4. K7WFM

K7WFM Ham Member QRZ Page

5. W4ZD

W4ZD Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder... looks nothing like this:

[​IMG]

W4KYR likes this.
  6. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

Th
    This one is the portable "flyaway" tw100 model. I used one of these for years with the pac bell eoc ops. The one in the original post was primarily used for more permanent stations. The flyaway was pretty good, but a pain to use on the ham bands due to it's frequency input method. Keypad, no knob for the vfo. Other than yhat, we had a lot of fun with these very dependable tranceivers.

7. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Where does the president type in the launch codes?

8. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

4000? Well, maybe the good buddies at the local truck stop would pay that for it... ;)

9. KY5U

KY5U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No, audio gain is just receiver volume. No, the clarifier is for RX only.

10. W5TTP

W5TTP Ham Member QRZ Page

As a followup, when Pac Bell decided that it' eoc's no longer would support the radio sections, most of the radios, including these, sgc2020's, sgc tuners, kenwood 850's, tl922's, antennas, computers, tnc's, etc., were scrapped. When they removed my mobile setup (sgc2020, sgc230, and whip antenna) I witnessed it all just being tossed into a pile of similar equipment to be sold as junk. It made me sad. The flyaway were almost indestructible and really a very good analog ssb radio. The sgc2020's I was never that happy with. Times March on.