NEVER MORE TE-SYSTEM

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by IW6MME, Jun 15, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. IW6MME

IW6MME Ham Member QRZ Page

at the beginning I was happy to have te1452g te-system, bought used by a friend. because of my defective cable, I burned 4 final bjt. I contacted Dave of te-system by email at the end of the year 2019 to ask for 4 matched bjt. After a few emails in January-February, Dave tells me to wait a couple of months for 4 bjt matched at $ 380. I accepted because amplifier ok for car use and waited. Then spending more time I wrote other emails but I never had news and no courtesy answers. I understand covid issue but many other firms in the world have been working for months and never closed completely. I think Dave doesn't want my $ 380 and I don't want his bjt anymore. I buy 4 non matched and edit scheme with help from others.
    never again TE-system

2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

TE Systems is located in Los Angeles, California.

California has had the most strict quarantine rules in the US. Don't understimate the disruption caused by the virus.

K0UO, K4AGO, KB0MNM and 1 other person like this.
  3. IW6MME

IW6MME Ham Member QRZ Page

you are right.....also emails are locked ??

KG5THG likes this.
  4. KG5THG

KG5THG Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Never underestimate how far off a cliff California can go.

5. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If no one is in the office to reply to them ....

Not everyone checks work email from home or their iPhone

Dave
    W7UUU

WA9SVD and K4AGO like this.
  6. K5PHW

K5PHW Ham Member QRZ Page

A simple "out of the office" notification can be done on email quite easily.

7. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Dave is K6QDD and is 75 years old.

I don't know if he has any "help" but it would not be surprising to find he's not in perfect health.

A W6PQL LDMOS amp that can run 1kW output power with 2-3W drive power is a better deal, and a cleaner signal.:)
    [​IMG]

KA2BPP and WD4ELG like this.
  8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

For many folks sure - but not everyone knows these things. Especially older folks... I don't know how old the chap is that runs TE but maybe IT stuff is not his specialty or he in fact hasn't been in to the office to do much of anything

Why does everyone assume the WORST?

Just give it some time - CA is not exactly in "normal times" right now

Dave
    W7UUU

WA9SVD and K4AGO like this.
  9. K4AGO

K4AGO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I wouldn't know how to do that and at 75 years old he may not know how either.

What is simple for you may not be simple for everyone.

WA9SVD likes this.
  10. WA4SIX

WA4SIX Ham Member QRZ Page

Unmatched BJTs are not going to end up working well & most likely will fail rather quickly, along with other collateral damage.

Ed