Neighbor complaint YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W9RTB, Nov 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KM6CND

KM6CND Ham Member QRZ Page

My mom just hit 90.

All we have is DOTA and her addiction is the 1970's game show channel.

She has in the past accused my "wires" AKA My Shack of causing problems for her TV in the past. Oh not so, but this is mom after all.

Last night she blamed a 10,000 + lumen LED lamp in the garage for messing with the TV.

I'll never win this battle.o_O

2. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I blame all those newfangled light bulbs for causing problems with my radio.

WD4IGX likes this.
  3. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Subscriber QRZ Page

I had a problem with the cable system back in 1990 down here in Louisiana, just been made a ham and been on about a year worked up to general. The manager of the cable system called me and said that they had complaints but I was blocking channel 18 on the mid-band And that if I didn’t shut it off they were going to call the FCC. Well, Joyce called and got the FCC guru from New Orleans to come down the bayou to check me out. Walt Gurney, Who is the head inspector at the time came down and examine my station and found it to be in operating parameters. Since I had a 2 meter Kenwood running into a discone at 40 ft, I showed Mr. Walt The ingress and egress there was present in the local cable system. When he turned it down to the aircraft VHF region, He made a phone call on my phone at the house and asked his other buddy at the FCC To bring down some VHF AM aircraft simulation gear And these two went on a fox hunt Which ended up getting the cable company a $300,000 NAL!
    You can even Google the lawsuit at Callais Cable versus FCC! Needless to say they lost and I never heard from the stupid fools again unless they wanted me to go and find a leak on their system at which time I’m early charged him 40 bucks an hour to go bird-dog their leaky cable system.

I stayed in touch with Mr. Walt till he retired, He was a font of information and the best friend a ham could have In this area.
    N5PZJ.

N0TZU, KA0HCP, KC8VWM and 2 others like this.
  4. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

SO did Lucille Ball suffer audio rectification of a filling in her mouth that supposedly led her to DF a clandestine enemy spy radio transmitter during World War 2 as she relates during a 1970's talk show with Mike Douglas, I.I.R.C.

5. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

This is how to deal with a sane neighbor. When I move into a house, I give a card to all of my neighbors. On it, my name, callsign, email & contact hours (Self printed on PC). I have been doing this since the 80s. I surely have fixed my junk, or theirs, many times. Caps, ferrites, "Please buy quality products"...
    While trying to figure an intermittent RF feedback on 40M, I was confounded. I tried everything. Neighbor told me that she was getting weird noises on her clock radio. I put a few turns of the cord in a ferrite & it went away. So did my RF feedback issue. Come to find out, we were on the same circuit of the old apartment building. I was thinking it was a resonance in the wiring that was causing the problems. So, I moved the ferrite to different cords in the room & could abate the RFI & RF feedback bu putting the ferrite on any of the cords in the room!!!
    Tis why I think the wiring was resonant somewhere.

Ed

N0TZU likes this.
  6. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

You probably will in a few short years.

7. WF4W

WF4W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

:eek:

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

This sounds like a girl that just likes you. :)

I had one that would make all kinds of excuses to come over to my place.

Next thing that you know, It will be meet me sundown at the antenna. o_O

9. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

D
    didn't mean that to come out as bad. My most humble apologies if it did.

10. W2TXB

W2TXB Ham Member QRZ Page

When I was a teenager, a woman who lived several houses away called and complained that my radio was interfering with her TV. At the time, she said the problem occurred, I was not even at home and didn't even have a transmitter to operate. She threatened to call the FAA... not sure if she called the nearby Elmira FSS or the Rochester GADO, but I never heard any more about it.

N0TZU and KA0HCP like this.