Neighbor complaint YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W9RTB, Nov 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

2. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you text her back that you were asleep then?

3. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

N2UHC likes this.
  4. W9RTB

W9RTB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I told her to call me so I could come over and hear it for myself. Which she did not do. Emailed her this morning waiting for reply. She tried earlier this year blaming her neighbor on the end unit, looks like I'm her next target.

WA8FOZ, KC8VWM and N2EY like this.
  5. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

When I was in the USAF the guy in the room next to me played his AM radio real loud. I hooked up a buzzer to my dipole creating enormous amounts of interference. After three days of this I went in his room to "help" him, I told him his radio was playing too loud causing oscillation. I said he would be OK if he turned it down. After that the buzzer I wrapped in a blanket was no longer needed.

N1OOQ and KA4DPO like this.
  6. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is one reason I've kept a log of all operations, even after the requirement went away.

WN1MB likes this.
  7. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I think WA8FOZ has your answer.

KC8VWM likes this.
  8. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, because no actual problem exists in the first place.

She just wants you to take the antenna down because she doesn't like it there.

KA4DPO and KK5JY like this.
  9. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

Luckily my antennas are located on the NE corner of our block, and the nearest neighbor would either be across the street to the east or on the southeast corner of the block. Across the street to the north is a lot where a business stores equipment, so no complaints from up there. And the house which used to be behind us on the NW corner is now gone. So luckily I have no neighbors close by my antennas. And seeing as how I never run more than 100W and I don't get on the air all that often anyway, I don't get any complaints.

N4UP likes this.
  10. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I liked Weird Al better with the mustache and glasses.