Neighbor complaint YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W9RTB, Nov 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. XZ2A

XZ2A Ham Member QRZ Page

LoL, your problems are insignificant when compared to my experience after I installed the antenna for my station in Myanmar (Burma). I am actually based in the 'ghost' new capital city of Naypyitaw, HQ for the government, police and army.

I would estimate it took no more than 20 minutes after I erected my vertical antenna before a lorry of gun-toting Burmese soldiers arrived on-site.... :) That was fun (NOT!).

N4AAB and KA4DPO like this.
  2. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I'd just MOON them. The neighors don't like my METAL FOREST , but gee, thats too bad!

3. K7MEM

K7MEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I lived in NJ in that time frame. Although I did move to Arizona around June 1974. But while I was there I had a apartment in South Bound Brook. Bound Brook was at the base of the Watchung mountains. And South Bound Brook was just south of that. Prior to that I lived in Iselin, NJ and was use to getting all of the New York stations (CH 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, and 13) with a antenna in the attic. Philadelphia used the intermediate channels, but we were not able to pull them in.

But when I moved to South Bound Brook, the apartment (two story duplex with 4 apartments) had a wall outlet with 300 Ohm Twin Lead coming out. So I assumed that there was a antenna system in the attic and connected my stereo system to it. My reception was great. About a year after I moved in, I finally got a TV that someone was getting rid of. It was a older B/W console, but it worked well. I connected the TV to the same 300 Ohm Twin Lead connection that the stereo was connected to. To my surprise, not only did the NY stations come in, but I also received all of the Philadelphia stations.

But one day I got the chance to go into the attic. I wanted to see what the antenna system was. Well, it turned out, there was no antenna! The Twin Lead from my apartment was just looped over one of the rafters and unterminated. I was careful not to disturb it for fear that I would lose some channels.

N4AAB, WD0BCT, WN1MB and 1 other person like this.
  4. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Never had a complaint. My neighbors think I'm crazy, so they just avoid me.

WD4IGX, N4AAB, N1ZPY and 2 others like this.
  5. W9RTB

W9RTB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

at the times she claims I'm asleep. She texted be at 3am to "turn it off" I was asleep.
    Randy

6. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

She is definitely bat s#1t crazy.

7. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought FT8 operators leave their radio in autopilot so that they can make contacts while sleeping. o_O

KK5JY likes this.
  8. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

A friend told me a story of a neighbor who had recently moved in and hesitantly mentioned hearing "other-worldly voices" coming from his computer speakers late at night. The neighbor inquired about previous owners who had might have experienced unusual things in their house.

My friend, an avid SSB DXer, saw correlations between his operating times and the "hauntings" of his neighbor's computer (which wasn't even turned on at those hours).

Despite an offer to check it out and possibly apply garlic-infused toroids and anti-spirit capacitors, the neighbor declined fearing a backlash from "whatever". He moved out within three months.

KC8VWM likes this.
  9. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you add this, after the CIA comment?

[​IMG]

10. W7ARX

W7ARX Guest

Buy here a box of foil and show her how to make a hat....some folks you can't help no matter what...

KC8VWM likes this.