ad: IACantenna-1

Neighbor complaint YOU HAVE TO READ THIS ONE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W9RTB, Nov 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N2UHC

N2UHC Ham Member QRZ Page

No, no, no. This would be just playing into the crazy lady's idea that the OP's station is responsible. You said that you jumped to the end without reading every post, she claimed she could hear music & foreign voices coming out of the walls. She's likely either insane or just begging for attention. If the OP tells her that music is forbidden and he doesn't speak any language other than English, she'll likely change her tune saying that she's only hearing his voice coming through the walls. And if he runs over there when she claims it's happening, I can see her claiming that she doesn't hear it when he's there. And showing her his log is likely to have her claiming that those are the dates & times she heard it.

KC8VWM likes this.
  2. N4MTB

N4MTB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I just tell them not to worry, I only use my radios to talk with friendly aliens...

3. K4KWH

K4KWH Ham Member QRZ Page

I would explain to her that I am NOT a broadcast station. 2. I do NOT transmit music of any kind--EVER. 3. I would tell her that her problem has nothing to do with ME. 4. I would tell her to look at the labels on her receiving equipment WRT FCC Part 15 devices. 5. That I am licensed by the FCC and have permission for the antenna by the HOA. 6. She needs to look elsewhere for the source of her problem; just because she sees an "antenna" doesn't mean it has anything to do with me. IOW, in a nice way-----go pound SAND!

KC0KEK likes this.
  4. AB8MA

AB8MA Subscriber QRZ Page

When I was just starting out trying to learn CW, I would hear morse code from the furnace fan at night. It was too fast to copy though. :)

KC8VWM and WZ7U like this.
  5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

I can hear morse code from my microwave oven...

6. WZ7U

WZ7U Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup. I kept hollering QRS QRS, but did it listen; No! :rolleyes:
    We must have similar appliances. Seems I hear Morse and music when/where I least expect it. It's the voices that alarm me most... :eek:

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Subscriber QRZ Page

You're missing a key point. She's a nut and is not going to listen to any rationalization. You think she's going to look at labels on her stuff and research the laws? LOL.

8. K4KWH

I LOVE it! Serves 'em right! I also once dealt with a smart-a** sat dish guy who knocked on my door one evening. He informed that *I* was interfering with the neighbor across the street's sat dish and I would have to stop transmitting on my "CB" and remove my tower forthwith. I asked him what time of day did this "interference" occur. 11 AM. "Sonny, by 11 AM I would have been at the NS Charlotte Yard 4 1/2 hours, so your "interference" isn't caused by "me".

Huffy and trying to be intimidating, he said, "Well, I'll call FCC on you".

I reached on my desk and handed him the number, "Get on with it, bud".

He turned around and walked away. I never heard from him again.:) Ignorant little jerk, eh wot!.

N4AAB likes this.
  9. K4KWH

But it is really all I have to do. A subtle way of telling her to K M A and that I D G A S! ;)

10. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Moderator Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page